:FRA  Teddy RINER      
:ROC  Tamerlan BASHAEV  

Gold Medal Match

:CZE  Lukas Krpalek   Ippon  Guram Tushishvili  :GEO

Bronze Medal Match

:FRA  Teddy Riner   Ippon  Hisayoshi Harasawa  :JPN
:ROC  Tamerlan Bashaev    Ippon  Yakiv Khammo  :UKR

Full Brackets Here

2 medals for Brazil is something that no one expected. Judo is our most traditional sport at the Olympics, but things weren't looking good. Cargnin had a very lucky draw and made the most out of this opportunity, and Aguiar is a beast and the first woman with three Olympic medals in individual events.

The heavyweight judokas who were sent to the Olympics have always been overestimated and I thought that Beatriz and David were better options, but of course our federation would choose household names instead of bold choices.

A team medal will be impossible now. I'm sad for Maria Portela, but she fails every time she has to rise to the occasion, so that's what you get in the end. I'm happy with our medals, but I'm also kind of sad because the team has no chance for a medal at all.

Damn, Henk Grol came with a mission for gold in his final tournament (unlikely as it was), but within 25 seconds an Uzbek throws him on his back and a day later in the team event the same Uzbek does the same thing...in 19 seconds :hairpull: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And Maria Portela does it again: she always fights so hard and falls short in the end.

Funny thing is that media in Brazil adores her. Everybody says how wonderful and awesome she is. But she can't win a single bout. NOT EVEN ONCE.

I wish people put this kind of faith in me, seriously.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

And Maria Portela does it again: she always fights so hard and falls short in the end.

Funny thing is that media in Brazil adores her. Everybody says how wonderful and awesome she is. But she can't win a single bout. NOT EVEN ONCE.

I wish people put this kind of faith in me, seriously.

0bwmOTT.png

:evil: 

No but seriously, I can understand the frustration, but on the other hand I do respect the fact that she always fights to the absolute limit. I know most people will disagree, but sometimes I find it more important than the actual results. Step one is always to give everything you've got.

And a different question: any word on Altheman's injury? I'd search on Globo or something, but that is so full with spoilers that I don't dare open it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

0bwmOTT.png

:evil: 

No but seriously, I can understand the frustration, but on the other hand I do respect the fact that she always fights to the absolute limit. I know most people will disagree, but sometimes I find it more important than the actual results. Step one is always to give everything you've got.

And a different question: any word on Altheman's injury? I'd search on Globo or something, but that is so full with spoilers that I don't dare open it :d 

She suffered a patellar tendon tear. I imagine it should be quite painful and this must leave her out of any competition for a long time.

Now, about Maria Portela... better late than never. But that didn't help at all. LOL. A very embarrassing ending for our judokas, but not one that was unexpected.