website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, the guy had sometime his days :d like this

I basically forgot all about that :red:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I basically forgot all about that :red:

the best winter olympic I watched. :)

ofc I heard and read a tons of quotes and pics that Lillehammer 94 or Oslo 52 were surely better, I can´t argue certainly they were !  but I just can´t forget Vancouver, I immediately fell in love with Vancouver 2010 already during the opening ceremony and all this atmosphere also in memory of the georgian luger Kumaritasvili, and each next day was better and better, I still have all these beautiful images of amazing landscapes and venues and great competitions.

for me Vancouver was simply the best.

6 minutes ago, Xander said:

Valj Semerenko is also pregnant :clap:

Vita & Valj are working on our future relay team :lol:

:d 

Not the best timing though, her getting pregnant might cost Ukraine some places at the Olympics :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, will it be a monster biathlon baby like the Domracheva/OEB-child? Or does she have a non-athlete husband/partner? :p 

^ 2 (or 4) biathlon babies))

Speaking about dads. Vita's hubby is a futsal player & Valya's hubby is a ski coach. So the chances to become a good sportsman are pretty high :d

As for Korea.

Girls are getting used without Valya. She had a very horrible season so basically they had to work on their own.

+ They both want to come back (Vita officially in January, Valya in 2017/2018 season most def). Vita used to train while being pregnant, as well as Valya.

ps. Judging from the training camp pics coaches want to break that rock teach Yana Bondar how to shoot :lol: If this happens we aren't gonna worry about Valj.

+ there's Ira Varvynets, Nadya Byelkina, Anastasia Merkushina. Wondering if Abramova comes back I hope not or stays in Russia with her husband (Lapshin). In a 2 years there can be a good competition for both - Vita & Valya))

Edited by Xander

9 minutes ago, Xander said:

^ 2 (or 4) biathlon babies))

Speaking about dads. Vita's hubby is a futsal player & Valya's hubby is a ski coach. So the chances to become a good sportsman are pretty high :d

As for Korea.

Girls are getting used without Valya. She had a very horrible season so basically they had to work on their own.

+ They both want to come back (Vita officially in January, Valya in 2017/2018 season most def). Vita used to train while being pregnant, as well as Valya.

ps. Judging from the training camp pics coaches want to break that rock teach Yana Bondar how to shoot :lol: If this happens we aren't gonna worry about Valj.

+ there's Ira Varvynets, Nadya Byelkina, Anastasia Merkushina. Wondering if Abramova comes back I hope not or stays in Russia with her husband (Lapshin). In a 2 years there can be a good competition for both - Vita & Valya))

Now that you mention it, of course Valya being "gone" for a while could open up the way for Merkushina to start being a full member of the World Cup team? That would be very interesting, she definitely deserves it! 

Meanwhile there's great news coming for the future of Brazilian male biathlon, I'm just waiting to hear if it can be "released" to the public yet, but it already makes me happy :d 

^ another reason to cheer for Brazil)) More boys & girls in the biathlon family :d

Merkushina was included in the Olympic group. She's training with all the girls now as we speak. Of course it doesn't mean she gets selected in the end but she has a chance.

I believe that Pidhrushna, Varvynets, Merkushina & Bondar will improve their performance next season. Not sure about Dzhima.

Thanks to Uros they went through a medical checkup in Slovenian & German clinics. Pidhrushna had a surgery on her nose (proper breathing is crucial for biathlon/skiing), Dzhima got confirmation of her asthma (not that kind that allows enhancing meds legally like certain biathletes ;) ) & given proper meds, Valya was helped as well ... as we can see very successfully.

14 minutes ago, Xander said:

given proper meds, Valya was helped as well ... as we can see very successfully.

Very succesfully indeed :d 

By the way, do you remember any black biathlete, ever? I don't :mumble:

Edited by heywoodu