website statistics
Jump to content

Football 2020 Discussion Thread


Henry_Leon
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

 

Jahanbaksh scored a bicycle kick goal yesterday in premier league in Brighton Vs.  Chelsea match , looks like the Iranian on fire @MHSN

 

That was quite a goal :hearts: and even after a day that goal is still on top of the football news here. good for him he was completely forgotten , genius Wilmots didn't even invite him to the NT for those 2 crucial matches. :wall:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Former Dutch international Rob Rensenbrink has passed away aged 72, after fighting a muscle disease for years. He is, at least here, mostly known for the 1978 World Cup Final in and against Argentina. After days of harrassment (think stuff like locals trying everything to make as much noise as they can outside the hotel, all kinds of threats and so on), the Dutch team still managed to fight back to 1-1 thanks to a 82nd minute goal by Dick Nanninga. In the dying seconds, Rensenbrink had the chance to make history, but hit the post...leading to extra time in which Argentina won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Dragan Skocic becomes the new Iran NT head coach ! I'm sure none of you guys never heard of this guy :d maybe even our Croatian friends

 

he coached few mid table or weak teams in Iranian league in past few years and delivered "good results" with them. he is a nice gentleman but they hired him only because they were out of options ! obviously Iran can't hire expensive coaches anymore. and beside that even so many local coaches turned down the offer. why ? because fans in general don't like local Iranian coaches and an Iranian coach will be under huge huge pressure after the first defeat.

 

the only Iranian coach who was willing to take the job was a mafia boss who coached "Team Melli" before in 2007 and failed but fortunately his club didn't release him. that dirty guy coaching the national team was my nightmare, so I have to say I'm glad someone else took the job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Dragan Skocic becomes the new Iran NT head coach ! I'm sure none of you guys never heard of this guy :d maybe even our Croatian friends

 

he coached few mid table or weak teams in Iranian league in past few years and delivered "good results" with them. he is a nice gentleman but they hired him only because they were out of options ! obviously Iran can't hire expensive coaches anymore. and beside that even so many local coaches turned down the offer. why ? because fans in general don't like local Iranian coaches and an Iranian coach will be under huge huge pressure after the first defeat.

 

the only Iranian coach who was willing to take the job was a mafia boss who coached "Team Melli" before in 2007 and failed but fortunately his club didn't release him. that dirty guy coaching the national team was my nightmare, so I have to say I'm glad someone else took the job.

I mean if you take for example the last World Cup it was clear that Iran has some talents and the only thing that was missing was the coach who suppose to make it all work in Israel it’s one of our problem for many years so I’ll hope for you that this new head coach will bring this change and improve your National team he sounds like a person who know the system and I guess he bring with Him a European type of game but anyway congratulations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dnl said:

I mean if you take for example the last World Cup it was clear that Iran has some talents and the only thing that was missing was the coach who suppose to make it all work in Israel it’s one of our problem for many years so I’ll hope for you that this new head coach will bring this change and improve your National team he sounds like a person who know the system and I guess he bring with Him a European type of game but anyway congratulations 

 

well I think Carlos Queiroz did fine with Team Melli, and Iran was just one shot away from the Round of 16 of World Cup, it was a tough group with Portugal, Spain and a very good Morocco. when Queiroz took over the NT was a mess and he managed to bring the worst NT ever to the 2014 World Cup.

 

this guy never coached any big team, this is his first time with a NT, and it's still a very tough task because Iran lost twice already in WC qualifier and the situation is win or tie. very tough task ahead of the new coach, but at least I'm glad the mafia boss is not the coach, as much as I always support the NT, I would never cheer for any team being coached by this guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

 

well I think Carlos Queiroz did fine with Team Melli, and Iran was just one shot away from the Round of 16 of World Cup, it was a tough group with Portugal, Spain and a very good Morocco. when Queiroz took over the NT was a mess and he managed to bring the worst NT ever to the 2014 World Cup.

 

this guy never coached any big team, this is his first time with a NT, and it's still a very tough task because Iran lost twice already in WC qualifier and the situation is win or tie. very tough task ahead of the new coach, but at least I'm glad the mafia boss is not the coach, as much as I always support the NT, I would never cheer for any team being coached by this guy.

Well the fact that the Mafia boss isn’t the head coach is a good news to any sports lover and as for the new head coach sometimes the fact that he comes from a mid sized even small team is playing as a benefit but only time will tell(and the next match of course...?

Edited by Dnl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quiz do you recognize the football stars from their childhood pictures ? Not so hard, some faces like they haven't changed at all :p

 

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/433886/kviz-spoznate-futbalove-hviezdy-na-fotografiach-z-detstva-ukazte-sa/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...