website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Vojthas

9 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Specific venue? C'mon.. all sports need of specific venue, we can't remove a sport only becouse it cost too much.

For the following, in Tokyo we'll have surf and skateboard...

The horse problem isn't determines a lot, an athlete have 20 minuts for understand the horse's abilities.

Yes, but at a time the IOC is trying to cut costs, MP is wanting to add costs to future hosts. Former MP venues have had exiting venues host the disciplines. As soon as JAS' son is out of the IOC EB (idk if he is still there) this sport will say goodbye.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yes, but at a time the IOC is trying to cut costs, MP is wanting to add costs to future hosts. Former MP venues have had exiting venues host the disciplines. As soon as JAS' son is out of the IOC EB (idk if he is still there) this sport will say goodbye.

I think (and hope) that they'll never remove an historycal sport. Pentathlon is a core sport, he joined at the Olympics in 1912 and he was created by Pierre De Coubertaine for the Olympic Games.

3 minutes ago, Bearas said:

:LTU Kinderis eliminated :facepalm: What a chance.... First time ever no medal for Lithuania in MP since 2004.

One wonders what on earth happened to that horse..

I'd be quite unhappy if I was Patrick Dogue, who has to ride this horse next.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

One wonders what on earth happened to that horse..

I'd be quite unhappy if I was Patrick Dogue, who has to ride this horse next.. 

That horse now can be changed by Dogue. If previous pentathlete can't finish the race because of horse refusal - it can be swapped. While f.e. Asadauskaitė could not do that yesterday because even her horse refused several times to Egyptian girl she was eliminated for falling (a.k.a. riders fault). :wacko:

Wow. This is the horse that need to be ridden by Lesun, but according to the rules Russian is not allowed to change this horse as it does not meet the criteria. If we will see Lesun with the different horse - something will be really shady.