website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

https://oscar.go.com/nominees

"The Favourite" and "Roma" lead the Oscar nominations with 10 each. Other movies nominated for Best Picture include "Black Panther" (7 nominations), "BlacKkKlansman" (6), "Bohemian Rhapsody" (5), "Green Book" (5), "A Star Is Born" (8) and "Vice" (8).

Hoping for a "Roma" win for Best Picture.

Of those I need to see “Roma”, “The Favorite”, “A Star Is Born”, and “Greeb Book”.

Also, I hope “Bao” wins for animated short.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Not really excited about the Oscars this year, like i have been in the prior ones. There is something about this years films that just don't click with me. Not one really stood out for me to root for it. And there are many little things in a bunch of them that keep me from caring.

The one thing that i'm certain though, is that Ali doesn't deserve to get a second Oscar in such a short time, while in history, there have been so many all time greats, that barely got one, and some never did...

I have heard of exactly two of the nominated movies and seen none of them. I feel left behind :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

It's certainly the best short of that category, but "One Small Step" would also be a worthy winner.

That was really, really nice :wub:  

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I have heard of exactly two of the nominated movies and seen none of them. I feel left behind :p 

You didn't miss much. :p

I am yet to see Roma, Vice, Green Book and The Favorite, however the other Best Picture nominees are forgettable, to say the least...

#banbestmen

The only movies I saw in 2018 were First Man and Aquaman :d 

Edit: Aquaman was this year :p 

Edited by heywoodu

53 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only movies I saw in 2018 were First Man and Aquaman :d 

Edit: Aquaman was this year :p 

I probably saw about 20 movies including “Black Panther”, “BlackkKlansman”, “Ready Player One”, “Bao”, “Avengers: Infinity War”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Isle of Dogs”, “Incredibles 2”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela