website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Apparently Spike Lee went off after Green Book won Best Picture, caused a real scene off-camera. Poor form

That would almost make it look like he's just in it for the prizes and money :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Why was Aquaman not nominated? Black Panther was, but a dude who can control the seven oceans of the world AND fight a mythical creature in the center of the world beats some dude in a far away isolated land by a country mile in terms of being a superhero :mad: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why was Aquaman not nominated? Black Panther was, but a dude who can control the seven oceans of the world AND fight a mythical creature in the center of the world beats some dude in a far away isolated land by a country mile in terms of being a superhero :mad: 

I'll refer that to  bestmen: :evil:

image.png

#banbestmen

8 hours ago, thepharoah said:

:USA :EGY Rami Malek wins the Oscars as the best actor :cheer:  i haven't watched bohemian rhapsody to be honest , but i'm happy that a man from Egyptian origins wins the most valuable prize any actor could dream of 

in same time he fallsoff stage  :lol:

So many awful winners, i can't even decide where to begin.. Dreadful time for the Oscars. The politics are now so much engraved in the system, that i'm afraid we will never return to awarding the best performances and the best films..

Olivia Colman winning was the only real shock and an Oscar moment that you could have seen in the past. The surprise, the emotion, Emma Stone's reaction, genuine stuff. Unlike everyone else, who read their political agenda, which they've perfected in the past 2 months.

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So many awful winners, i can't even decide where to begin.. Dreadful time for the Oscars. The politics are now so much engraved in the system, that i'm afraid we will never return to awarding the best performances and the best films.

I'm curious, but have a gut feeling people have been saying that about their own time forever :p 

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm curious, but have a gut feeling people have been saying that about their own time forever :p 

Oscar films were definitely less political in the past.

I mean, BlacKkKlansman literally has a newsreel footage with Trump in it (even though the film is set in 70s). That really says more than enough...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen