website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

hace 17 minutos, OlympicIRL dijo:

As always there are grey areas and we take them on a case-by-case basis (see example of the Moldovan song in the previous contest).

Just because the singer is outnumbered by band members does not mean that the song could not represent the nation of the singer. We would look at how the song is credited (who is the featured artist or if it is a 50-50 collaboration, etc.). If you want you can PM me the example and I could look at it and it would be easier for me to explain.

Thanks for the explanation!

I don't have a specific song. I asked because yesterday I was listening to a recap of the most popular songs of Spanish artists this year and I realized that there were a lot of collabs with Latin-American singers/bands, so I was just curious about TISC eligibility. In case I select one of these songs, I will ask you before.

Just now, Cobi said:

Thanks for the explanation!

I don't have a specific song. I asked because yesterday I was listening to a recap of the most popular songs of Spanish artists this year and I realized that there were a lot of collabs with Latin-American singers/bands, so I was just curious about TISC eligibility. In case I select one of these songs, I will ask you before.

No problem, and happy listening :yes

23 minutes ago, justony said:

:SLO delegation is clearly considering, whether to miss their first ever TISC in history because of well known bestmen behaviour.

Either that or possibly sending the worst song there can be. 

Talk about childish behaviour.... :p 

Besides, that 'eating meat is murder' song is not eligible anymore, since it already participated :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, justony said:

:SLO delegation is clearly considering, whether to miss their first ever TISC in history because of well known bestmen behaviour.

Either that or possibly sending the worst song there can be. 

:USA would be down for either. I wouldn’t mind sending a troll song for a troll user.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

:USA would be down for either. I wouldn’t mind sending a troll song for a troll user.

But you are in fact a kid, one can expect that kind of childish behaviour.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But you are in fact a kid, one can expect that kind of childish behaviour.

And you are a old man, so one could expect complicity...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

And you are a old man, so one could expect complicity...

Still less bad than purposefully entering and trying to mess the thing up from the inside. Seriously, to all who are planning to enter some shitty song on purpose or something like that: just stay away.