website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

• 2 weeks later...

Preview:

2019 is supposed to be a great year for artistic gymnastics. In 2018, a bigger number of nations showed they are in the mix for a medal at the 2020 Olympic Games, including some surprising countries like the Philippines, Ireland and Chinese Taipei. This year, the World Cup circuit will be interesting to watch because it will give out quotas for the 2020 Olympics; please note that only World Cup stages will offer quotas, not World Challenge Cup stages. Italy is the country which should benefit the most with new gymnasts this year, and France, Germany, Brazil and Canada will work hard to keep momentum after improving in 2018. Romania might surprise on the women's side, though they will still probably have a hard time qualifying a full team for the 2020 Olympics at the World Championships. South Korea, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan might finally achieve some success again this year if everything goes right. USA, Russia, China and Japan should have no problems to be on the top. Ukraine is a big question mark: after a bad year in 2018, they might struggle again in 2019, though their women's team should improve considerably. The Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Australia and Cyprus are also nations to keep an eye on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Barbora Mokošová is still not fully recovered from her last year surgery (she already had to miss the World Champs becuse of that last October in Qatar) so she´ll miss also next week European Championships in Poland as well...

Her goal (and dream) remains to be fit for the World Champs this October in Stuttgart and hopefuly qualify for the Olympics. :SVK never missed any Olympic Games so far since the independence, will be really disappointing if that happen in Tokyo because of Barbara stupid last year Injury..

Our team for the European Championships will be composed of Slavomír Michňák among mens and 16 years old former British gymnast Chiara Bunce altogether with other our juniors talent Kristína Pýchová among womens.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

I know that she's just having fun, but some elements are quite difficult. I like it a lot.

The under the beam hang was quite impressive. I’m assuming we’ll see her at the Pan Ams hopefully.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The under the beam hang was quite impressive. I’m assuming we’ll see her at the Pan Ams hopefully.

Yes. Jamaica qualified three girls, and she's by far the best in the team. She didn't have much success when she represented Great Britain, but I hope she still has some juice left to represent Jamaica for a couple more years. 

This routine did most certainly not go according to plan for Sam Cerio in the NCAA Championship Second Round for the Auburn Tigers.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!