website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

and tripartite women ?

No word yet. FIG's document only shows a TBC next to the tripartite invitation, but at least we know :SRI and :IND indeed qualified, and the claims from :INA to qualify were false, since the nation is not eligible for a tripartite quota. 

19 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:CAY is the only eligible nation for a tripartite quota now. There's absolutely no reason for FIG not to award the quota to the nation.

They could give it to no one and have it reallocated, I think it would go to :GEO Maria Kharenkova

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

They could give it to no one and have it reallocated, I think it would go to :GEO Maria Kharenkova

Kharenkova is recovering from injury. I'm not sure she would take the quota.

But why would FIG refuse to award the quota to :CAY? Their gymnast is very limited, but she doesn't do anything dangerous to her own health. And I don't think :CAY would refuse this quota.

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Kharenkova is recovering from injury. I'm not sure she would take the quota.

But why would FIG refuse to award the quota to :CAY? Their gymnast is very limited, but she doesn't do anything dangerous to her own health. And I don't think :CAY would refuse this quota.

The Caymans however must explicitly express interest to get this invitation.

FIG/IOC award Tripartite spots based on applications from NOCs, for which the deadline has technically already passed some months ago.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Plus, the “not high enough level” argument is a moot point considering they gave Cape Verde the Rhythmic Gymnastics quota.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela