website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Rhythmic gymnastics is a lot safer than artistic.

Not exactly. Ana Luiza Filiorianu is a prime example of how dangerous rhythmic gymnastics can be, and it looks like Dina Averina has been suffering with injuries that Russia is desperately trying to hide. It might not be as risky as artistic gymnastics, but it's not "a lot" safer in any way.

Just now, intoronto said:

Over what? Did the FIG tell them they had a spot?

A few months back the NOC head claimed we got a spot from reallocation.

Of course I am aware she wasn't, and the athlete herself did not react to the news (her coach also said that she is waiting for further confirmations). But the whole media already hyped it and even the national news agency published the news.

Our NOC head might be looking for something to save face :noshake:

10 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

A few months back the NOC head claimed we got a spot from reallocation.

Of course I am aware she wasn't, and the athlete herself did not react to the news (her coach also said that she is waiting for further confirmations). But the whole media already hyped it and even the national news agency published the news.

Our NOC head might be looking for something to save face :noshake:

Claiming she's injured and declined it.:dWe have some similar situation. We have 3 quotas in men's sprint kayaking but claiming we can attend all events, including K4. It confused fans but media just happily announced that we can attend all sprint canoeing events. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends.

9 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Not exactly. Ana Luiza Filiorianu is a prime example of how dangerous rhythmic gymnastics can be, and it looks like Dina Averina has been suffering with injuries that Russia is desperately trying to hide. It might not be as risky as artistic gymnastics, but it's not "a lot" safer in any way.

I wasn't aware of this injury, and after watching the video I wish I hadn't known :yikes:

image.png

Absolutely heartbroken for Alistratava and Likhovitsky. Two great gymnasts with a very good chance of reaching at least one of the event finals.

Anyway, :BLR at least will get to keep their women's spot, and :CZE can now finally confirm their men's spot.