website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

Klishina

Lasitskene

Shubenkov

I'm terrible at recognizing faces and such :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:RUS russia :RUS

Maria Lasitskene (High Jump)

Anzhelika Sidorova (Pole Vault)

Sergey Shubenkov (110 M Hurdles)

Mikhail Akimenko (high Jump)

Ilya Ivanyuk (High Jump)

Ilya Shkurenyov (decathlon)

Valery Pronkin (Hammer Throw)

Elvira Khasanova (20 Km)

Vasily Mizinov (20 Km)

Darya Klishina (Long Jump)

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

The announcement of the GBR team has been delayed because the 5000m runner Andy Butchart has been accused a faking a COVID test to get back into the country

He's provisionally selected (fair enough, there's no one to take his place) but he faces an enquiry before he can go to Tokyo.

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/news-and-features/a-further-65-athletes-nominated-to-represent-team-gb-at-the-2020-tokyo-olympic-games/

Team of 72 so far

20 minutes ago, Dragon said:

He's provisionally selected (fair enough, there's no one to take his place) but he faces an enquiry before he can go to Tokyo.

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/news-and-features/a-further-65-athletes-nominated-to-represent-team-gb-at-the-2020-tokyo-olympic-games/

Team of 72 so far

65 or 72 quotas ?

I can't believe that :GRE Elina Tzengko isn't going to the meet in Switzerland today (women's javelin). She could probably book a place to Tokyo with a throw around 60m (she just did 61.42 on Saturday). I know she's only 18 and will have more chances in the future but she really could've made it. She had so many throws last year above 60m (including 63.96, 0.04 cm below the standard) which obviously didn't count in the rankings. Such a wasted opportunity.

Also the Greek team was announced for the U23 European Championships and she's not there either, but she'll be at the U20 European Championships.

I know this is off-topic but are U20 athletes not allowed at the U23 European Championships in athletics? I thought she could go and she has a higher SB than anyone else in Europe for both U23 and U20, so you would think she'd go to both events as she'd be favourite to win gold at both.

12 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I know this is off-topic but are U20 athletes not allowed at the U23 European Championships in athletics? I thought she could go and she has a higher SB than anyone else in Europe for both U23 and U20, so you would think she'd go to both events as she'd be favourite to win gold at both.

I only found out this myself but Under 20s can't compete at the under 23 championship

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

:RUS russia :RUS

Maria Lasitskene (High Jump)

Anzhelika Sidorova (Pole Vault)

Sergey Shubenkov (110 M Hurdles)

Mikhail Akimenko (high Jump)

Ilya Ivanyuk (High Jump)

Ilya Shkurenyov (decathlon)

Valery Pronkin (Hammer Throw)

Elvira Khasanova (20 Km)

Vasily Mizinov (20 Km)

Darya Klishina (Long Jump)