website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

6 hours ago, Josh said:

The fact that the 13th (alternate) athlete will only be able to compete if another athlete gets injured is so stupid. All the pre-Olympic training with your team, only to most likely not get a chance to compete. For most major international volleyball events the roster size is 14 (all playing) but of course the Olympics has to be different. :facepalm:

look at Waterpolo, the same Fencing (which is even more hypocrite, because the reserve is always with the team, also during the competition, ready to come in if needed -even for merely tactical decision- but then, once he/she's in they can't change anymore)

IOC are just a buch of idiots, trying to ruin the sport as much as they can in the name of their stupid "agenda" :facepalm: :bones:

On 1/13/2024 at 1:40 PM, phelps said:

:facepalm:

aren't you trolling enough with the OG cancellation that will never happen?

do you really hope the entire world being destroyed and humanity being extinct?

c'mon! someone stop this idiot, please! :wall:

Just read it for what it is: a bit of provoking, who cares :p 

Curious what's the 2026 thing going to be!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Josh said:

The fact that the 13th (alternate) athlete will only be able to compete if another athlete gets injured is so stupid. All the pre-Olympic training with your team, only to most likely not get a chance to compete. For most major international volleyball events the roster size is 14 (all playing) but of course the Olympics has to be different. :facepalm:

The problem is the team size is small, not so much that they add one extra athlete. Basically: things are wrong with this, but 'there will be an AP athlete' isn't the main one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Out of the gazillion issues with the IOC, the roster sizes of the team sports is amongst the least problematic in my view. :p 12 in volleyball is perfectly fine, give me more individual quotas in 15 other sports.

Or maybe the IOC could be a little less militant about the athlete quota overall and cut costs elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CCB said:

Don't worry for your women's volleyball team, they will qualify in the end. Dutch volleyball women are masters in screwing up qualifications for the Games. Besides that, Canada simply has a better team with a few exceptional players, while the Dutch team no longer has any real stars like Sloetjes, De Kruijff or Flier.

Speaking of The Netherlands, already 142 quota! Depends on handball, football and volleyball women if we exceed the number of 200 athletes.

I do agree that Canada has a better team, but only by a little bit IMO. However, I’m not so confident that they’ll eventually qualify for Paris. That being said, I’ve been following Canadian athletes club season stats (even managing to watch some of the games) and they are certainly doing better than last year.

Brie King (Sesc RJ Flamengo) was one of the top setters in Brazil last year, and from what I’ve been seeing it only looks like she’s been getting better.

Andrea Mitrovic (Grot Budowlani Łódź) has been MVP in Tauron Liga (Polish League) a bunch, so has Hillary Howe (Radomka Radom), but Mitrovic seems to be a more reliable passing option.

In the Sultanlar Ligi, we have Emily Maglio (Beşiktaş), who is continuing with her form that saw her as the top blocker at the Olympic Qualifier, currently averaging 0.77 blocks per set (6th overall) and 2.84 pts per set.

We also have Kiera Van Ryk (Türk Hava Yolları), the Canadian I’ve probably been the most impressed with this season, she’s second in the Sultanlar Ligi (Turkish League) in points per set (5.83) ahead of big names like Tijana Boskovic (5.78) and Magdalena Stysiak (5.24) :yikes: