website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry for the Netherlands, they deserved to be in Rio. Its very interesting that home teams in olympic team sports always seem to underperform this year ...

Netherlands didnt qualify in womens football or womens water polo

Germany didnt qualify in mens volleyball

Turkey didnt qualify in womens volleyball

Poland didnt qualify in mens handball

At least Poland in mens handball, Turkey in womens volleyball and Netherlands in womens water polo should have qualified.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Canada played really good, i never thought that they would come that close to qualify!

I dont think that we can qualify in mens water polo. For some reason we always loose against Romania and Russia also should be too strong.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The ONLY positive thing is :ITA Women's :clap: are at OG. Today played a very bad game, won  maybe for the experience of our team.

About referees influences............. maybe in waterpolo Italy have "more power" (compared to other sports....) but if say that we go at OG for "help" is a joke :wacko:

The really shame are these "qualifications tournament" (not only in Waterpolo) with improbable format or weak teams .......

How is possible a match decisive for OG finished 19-0? :thumbup:

I'm sorry for :GRE and :NED  that are out but not all European teams can qualify.

Rea

55 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Did you notice it's exactly same teams as women's water polo in london? only difference is the home team.....

Really? Very interesting! I dont think that its a good sign for womens water polo ...

It would be interesting to know if its the same in other team sports.

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Rea

Really? Very interesting! I dont think that its a good sign for womens water polo ...

It would be interesting to know if its the same in other team sports.

Men's wp will probably be the same with the exception of Japan (x KAZ). In all other team sports events we are already assured of at least one different team (excluding the host quota).

Edited by LDOG

18 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Men's wp will probably be the same with the exception of Japan (x KAZ). In all other team sports events we are already assured of at least one different team (excluding the host quota).

You are very quick, great work! :yes

I think i will also look up the situation in fencing concerning team events and maybe also relays in swimming/athletics or teams in track cycling (sprint, team pursuit).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• With past precedence, a sport not in thr top 2 tiers will likely find it hard to add another discipline without dropping event. For ex. Canoeing in Paris.
    • I'm sure Kata is very historically meaningful, but it's not sport. Lots of dancing is very ritualised too. Still not sport.
    • Ok but the kata is not dancing, are a sequence of pre-established movements which have centuries and is one of the pillars of most martials arts, i cant simply equalize with an street dancing. In kata, i watch a martialist looking for make perfection, in breakdancing i watch a dancer trying to make the best choreography for a judge.
    • Is there anyone out there tracking countries that have met the Alpine Olympic standard already? There have been enough SAC races for it to be possible I think.
    • Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.