website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

19 minutes ago, Майкл said:

According to Serbian media all Russian appeals have been rejected :yikes: 

Well, this is what the IAAF wrote:

The Doping Review Board received a total of 136 applications from Russian athletes seeking exceptional eligibility to compete in an individual capacity under a separate provision in Competition Rule 22.1A(b), namely on the basis that they are not tainted by RUSAF's failure to put in place adequate anti-doping systems because they have been subject to other, fully adequate systems outside of the country for a sufficiently long period to provide a substantial assurance of integrity.

Most of these applications have now been reviewed by the Doping Review Board with the exception of the applications for the European Youth Championships in Tbilisi which were withdrawn so not reviewed.

I read that as "we reviewed them all and only Klishina is accepted" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

136 athletes applied... That's more than Russia has without being suspended.

Though, is that only for Rio or?

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

136 athletes applied... That's more than Russia has without being suspended.

Though, is that only for Rio or?

The Klishina decision is not specifically for Rio so I guess that goes for all this...it's for "international competitions". 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Werloc said:

4th place in the half marathon is a nice way to finish these championships :) (Especially after the Skujytė scandal in Heptathlon)

What happened with Skujyte? I'm afraid the heptathlon and decathlon have gone by largely unnoticed inside my head, which is a shame because of course multi-eventers are the best athletes in the world.. 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One of the worst moments in sports' history. Equalizing clean and doped athletes is beyond horrendous.

Not to mention that Stepanova (who was supposed to be banned) was let to compete as an independent athlete, lol.

Edited by Майкл

Just now, Майкл said:

One of the worst moments in sports' history. Equalizing clean and doped athletes is beyond horrendous.

Not to mention that Stepanova (who was supposed to be banned) was let to compete as an independent athlete, as well.

Stepanova wasn't supposed to be banned, she actually was but her ban is over ;)

Nah, stuff like the Russian walkers taking those medals were worse moments in the history of athletics :d