website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

tonight @ 9 p.m. CET in Pesaro, :ITA vs :ESP, key match for both teams (and because of the stupid Fiba qualifying rules and "windows", both teams are missing a lot of their key players :facepalm: :wall:).

with VPN and a free registration...

https://www.raiplay.it/dirette/rai2/Basket-Maschile---Qualificazioni-Mondiali-2023-Italia---Spagna-0d2e9191-3503-415c-808e-9da0490f04fa.html

we had a game vs China today "at home" and surprisingly there were only Chinese fans in the stadium booing our team and cheering for China. why ? because since last month Iranian fans are not allowed into any stadium in any sport. yet they allowed the visitor team to had something like 200-300 supporters in the stadium. how is that even possible?! :facepalm::facepalm:

on other hand Iran has to host Australia on Monday and the Australian team has no intention to come and play the game. they are not coming to Tehran, that's a sure thing. apparently it will be a 20-0 win for Iran but we never know until FIBA officially confirms it. Iran needs at least 1 win in next 3 games to qualify for the World Cup. I won't complain if Australia gifts a most needed win like that.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

we had a game vs China today "at home" and surprisingly there were only Chinese fans in the stadium booing our team and cheering for China. why ? because since last month Iranian fans are not allowed into any stadium in any sport. yet they allowed the visitor team to had something like 200-300 supporters in the stadium. how is that even possible?! :facepalm::facepalm:

on other hand Iran has to host Australia on Monday and the Australian team has no intention to come and play the game. they are not coming to Tehran, that's a sure thing. apparently it will be a 20-0 win for Iran but we never know until FIBA officially confirms it. Iran needs at least 1 win in next 3 games to qualify for the World Cup. I won't complain if Australia gifts a most needed win like that.

FIBA already announce that China qualified. But it's different from my calculation though I know it's very likely to happen sooner or later. I am not sure if it's related to the possible withdrawal drama.

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

FIBA already announce that China qualified. But it's different from my calculation though I know it's very likely to happen sooner or later. I am not sure if it's related to the possible withdrawal drama.

even that doesn't guarantee China's qualification. China will qualify for sure but that's not 100% confirmed yet. it's probably just a mistake

btw FIBA officially confirms the 20-0 win for Iran

https://www.fiba.basketball/news/fiba-statement-on-australia-participation-to-the-fiba-basketball-world-cup-2023-asian-qualifiers

18 hours ago, phelps said:

tonight @ 9 p.m. CET in Pesaro, :ITA vs :ESP, key match for both teams (and because of the stupid Fiba qualifying rules and "windows", both teams are missing a lot of their key players :facepalm: :wall:).

with VPN and a free registration...

https://www.raiplay.it/dirette/rai2/Basket-Maschile---Qualificazioni-Mondiali-2023-Italia---Spagna-0d2e9191-3503-415c-808e-9da0490f04fa.html

it was a really tough match, played in an amazing atmosphere.

in the end, the experienced Spanish players won at the OT and now Italy are really in trouble, as we have to win at least 2 more matches, first in Georgia (and this team doesn't have both size and power to match our rivals) and then at home against Ukraine (our bete noir, who beat us in Milan at the recent European Champs).

I don't even think about winning the last match in Spain...it's basically impossible.

we're seriously risking to throw 3 years away. :facepalm:

We had a bad loss against Latvia, we should beat Belgium tomorrow as SOME of our Euroleague guys will be there.

Also I want to mention that Partizan is letting their Serbian players play for the Serbian national team during this window, but they are not letting Papapetrou play for Greece. I don't think it's a coincidence that they are in the same group as us of course. So much for the "brotherhood" between our two nations...