website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Spain is my clear favorite for the OQT. I also like the chance of Lithuania, if everyone plays. Greece will probably be the 3rd favorite if everyone plays.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

37 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Latvia is a weak team. They got thrashed by Canada and in most of their matches against the other good teams they were down by 10+ points and only came back because those teams took it easy. Germany tried to lose today (only explanation for why Schröder was allowed to be a -20 and go 4/26) and Latvia still couldn't win. Too bad that Turkey won't participate, but France can participate, so of course Latvia could finish lower than France. I didn't say that France will qualify over them. Lithuania (if everyone plays), Slovenia, Spain, Greece (if everyone plays) and possibly Italy all have stronger teams. You probably missed it, but Slovenia is already out (which of course was completely expected).

France has already qualified for Olympics as a host

59 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Latvia is a weak team. They got thrashed by Canada and in most of their matches against the other good teams they were down by 10+ points and only came back because those teams took it easy. Germany tried to lose today (only explanation for why Schröder was allowed to be a -20 and go 4/26) and Latvia still couldn't win. Too bad that Turkey won't participate, but France can participate, so of course Latvia could finish lower than France. I didn't say that France will qualify over them. Lithuania (if everyone plays), Slovenia, Spain, Greece (if everyone plays) and possibly Italy all have stronger teams. You probably missed it, but Slovenia is already out (which of course was completely expected).

When I wrote it, Slovenia was playing a tied game. You are just so much misinormed for a person trying it's best to be so smug. 

4 hours ago, George_D said:

While that's true, the women, in spite of being qualified, still play at the Qualification Tournament. So I can see, how OlympicFan got the idea, that the men can take part at the Qualifier as well. Even if they don't. It's a very odd rule by the FIBA.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

10 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

While that's true, the women, in spite of being qualified, still play at the Qualification Tournament. So I can say, how OlympicFan got the idea, that the men can take part at the Qualifier as well. Even if they don't. It's a very odd rule by the FIBA.

How could take part in the OQT since the spots are already fixed? 24 teams , 6 teams in each OQT

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

do you know when the draw will take place??

My favorites: :LTU:ESP and :GRE and the last ticket: :SLO or :ITA

we arent favorites even with Giannis.. also i wouldnt underestimate Americas teams. Brazil could be a favorite if they host an OQT, and Bahamas will be very strong if their NBAers participate

5 hours ago, George_D said:

I know ...

My point was that they (as far as i know) can still participate in the OQT and therefore could potentially eliminate a team like Latvia, but maybe i was misinformed.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.