22 minutes ago, dcro said:

"No excuse from making two excuses... mistakes."

my personal favourite was:

"Who do you think is going to do well from the later starters?"

"I would keep my eyes on Bjoerntegaard in number 25"

Bjoerntegaard: DNS

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Or just learn shooting. :p

If it's a head to head race, we become absolute animals and can't hit for days.

All and every best performance is either a sprint or an individual race, despite the Tomas Kaukėnas Olympic miracle from 17 to 13, I'm not certain if we ever gained places in a pursuit race.

Yeah, we have gained places from like 56th position to 49, but nobody outside points has ever gotten into a top 40 and no one inside top 30 has probably stayed inside top 40.

It also explains why Lithuania can have a 85-90% hitrate the first week in Kontiolahti, but then a relay happens and low and behold, penalty loops and all that good shit.

I understood the US Relay move.  Dunklee and Egan in 2nd and 4th provide stronger later in the race.  Irwin had done well, but two penalties put the team in a hole they could not recover from.  No more penalties and Egan went clear, while Dunklee used 3 spares and Reid 2.  Not a bad day honestly.  I think that this is a good idea moving forward, if Irwin can get used to shooting with lots of other people around.  She gets another chance tomorrow as all 4 US women will be in the Pursuit.

The men, Paul Schommer did well, Dougherty, not so much. 

I know I am not incharge, but I would have rested both Boe Brothers for the relay tomorrow.  Switzerland keeps the same order that they used last week.  For the US, Schommer replaced Max Durtschi.