website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, but you don’t want to get yourselves in the position the Russians have been in where you are permanently shuttling your mid-ranked performers between the Worlds & the IBU.  It’s probably better to stick with them for one month then make the decision at the end of that block.

I see what you mean, but it's 4 races, all with abyssmal shooting, not even cracking top 80. 

Right now he's probably one of the worst performers at World Cup and a nation like Sweden could definitely give another boy a chance.

Also, it never stopped them when dealing with Hogberg, so why be nice now?

1 minute ago, RobtheAggie said:

@Grassmarket

Do you have any idea if anyone besides Amanda Lightfoot will race at all this season?

Don’t think we have anyone else remotely on her level.  There were quite a lot of Brits in the Swedish pre-Season races I saw, but not really decent club runners.  I guess if the IBU cup gets going we might learn more, but that’s where we are now.

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Don’t think we have anyone else remotely on her level.  There were quite a lot of Brits in the Swedish pre-Season races I saw, but not really decent club runners.  I guess if the IBU cup gets going we might learn more, but that’s where we are now.

I saw the numerous ones in Sweden and was hopeful.  Lets hope the IBU Cup brings some more out.

USA have same 4 as previous round.  Swiss go with Weger, Finello, Stalder and Hartweg.  Samuelsson and Ponsiluoma all start late, so this will be another longer sprint.  I like it better when it is more spread out.  Just me though.

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

USA have same 4 as previous round.  Swiss go with Weger, Finello, Stalder and Hartweg.  Samuelsson and Ponsiluoma all start late, so this will be another longer sprint.  I like it better when it is more spread out.  Just me though.

Finland picked to start late too, Norway didn't want to go too late this time so they placed themselves in the middle and France took that as opportunity to run all of their team through in the first 30. That's definitely going to be a dynamic and somewhat strategic race.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Crni is here. :woot:

Which automatically raises the question: is Kozica there as well?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!