website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

I guess the draws are not THAT bad for us (except for Lizatović of course), but let's see what MHSN says.

I'm not particulary happy that some of our wrestlers have Turkey though... But, hopefully, we will get something in wrestling.

#banbestmen

56 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess the draws are not THAT bad for us (except for Lizatović of course), but let's see what MHSN says.

I'm not particulary happy that some of our wrestlers have Turkey though... But, hopefully, we will get something in wrestling.

Actualy your draws are pretty bad, your best wrestler (in my opinion) got the worst possible draw Chunayev in first round , the only wrestler he should be afriad of. Starcevic has Cebi on his way and Zugaj has Basar and Noumonvi. actually LIzatovic is the only one among your wrestler who is in "easier half" of the draw. :d

I will write my detailed preview later today.

btw we have 6 World/Olympic Champions in competition tomorrow

Hamid Sourian (IRN) 7 / 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2012 2014

Selcuk Cebi (TUR) 3 / 2009 2010 2015

Ivo Angelov (BUL) 1 / 2013

Melonin Noumonvi (FRA) 1 / 2014

Rasul Chunayev (AZE) 1 / 2015

Mohamed Abdelfatah (BRN) 1 / 2006

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Actualy your draws are pretty bad, your best wrestler (in my opinion) got the worst possible draw Chunayev in first round , the only wrestler he should be afriad of. Starcevic has Cebi on his way and Zugaj has Basar and Noumonvi. actually LIzatovic is the only one among your wrestler who is in "easier half" of the draw. :d

:facepalm:

I guess it's at least better to have Chunayev in first round than having him in semifinal. It would be sad if don't make it, this is the only combat sport that I don't get bored when watching...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I will write my detailed preview later today.

btw we have 6 World/Olympic Champions in competition tomorrow

Hamid Sourian (IRN) 7 / 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2012 2014

Selcuk Cebi (TUR) 3 / 2009 2010 2015

Ivo Angelov (BUL) 1 / 2013

Melonin Noumonvi (FRA) 1 / 2014

Rasul Chunayev (AZE) 1 / 2015

Mohamed Abdelfatah (BRN) 1 / 2006

I'm starting to hope Sourian makes it...4th time's the charm right? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

53 minutes ago, dcro said:

:facepalm:

I guess it's at least better to have Chunayev in first round than having him in semifinal. It would be sad if don't make it, this is the only combat sport that I don't get bored when watching...

Yes it's obviously better, Chunayev cuts a lot for 66 (he is a world champion at 71) and as wrestling experts always say, these kind of wrestlers are much more vulnerable in their first match because of cutting weight, their body will recover after that. I still can't understand why Azerbaijan coach (who is an Iranian !) didn't use him before, they sent Mammadov to Serbia (who lost to Etlinger) and Aliyev to Mongolia who didn't even make weight !Chunayev should be their first choice from the start

btw do you know why Lizatovic didn't wrestle in Serbia and Mongolia ? injured or something ? :mumble:

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm starting to hope Sourian makes it...4th time's the charm right? :d 

History is against him, we never qualified a wrestler in last world qualifier lol, we never had a full Greco team :d but this time indeed he has a good draw, unlike Astana and Ulanbaatar. but there is one serious problem for him, the Israeli guy. :wacko:

btw people should know Sourian is the biggest athlete in Iran at the moment, and one of the best wrestlers of all time. for some non-sport reasons he has also so many enemies here in Iran waiting him to lose . that's why he was always under huge pressure but this time and this week he got much more support and headlines changed from "Sourian lost AGAIN" to "win or lose you are always a hero"