website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News Road to LA 2028

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Must be cool though, if you're from India: basically your country is the one and only reason for an entire sport being in the Olympics, even though it is entirely obvious that it is only for the money (if it was for the sport itself, there would obviously not be a tiny 6-team tournament) :d 

India might be the big prize, but the IOC is quite interested in expanding across South Asia. When that region has 3/10 most populous nations and relatively low interest you should want to make an effort to bring in more people/money.

Perhaps in a couple decades we'll see Pencak Silat or Dambe become an Olympic sport to bring in the :INA or :NGR market respectively.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Must be cool though, if you're from India: basically your country is the one and only reason for an entire sport being in the Olympics, even though it is entirely obvious that it is only for the money (if it was for the sport itself, there would obviously not be a tiny 6-team tournament) :d 

I mean, there are plenty of Olympic sports and events that cater very specifically to North America, East Asia and (especially) Europe, I don't think it's a bad thing to have one sport that caters to the Indian subcontinent. Especially since that's more people than North America and Europe combined.

Also, IMO on the merrits cricket is definitively worthy of Olympic inclusion.

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

India might be the big prize, but the IOC is quite interested in expanding across South Asia. When that region has 3/10 most populous nations and relatively low interest you should want to make an effort to bring in more people/money.

Perhaps in a couple decades we'll see Pencak Silat or Dambe become an Olympic sport to bring in the :INA or :NGR market respectively.

I'm still going to keep my eternal hopes for kabaddi :p 

I highly doubt I'm going to be really aware of cricket's existence in LA, other than a quick glance at the results, but kabaddi...oh boy, that'd be on the list of high priority sports in my viewing schedule :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!