website statistics

Winter Olympic Games French Alps 2030 Sports Programme

Some details on the IIHF's 3 on 3 hockey proposal:

• 8 team tournament for men's and women's
  • 15 athletes per team, 240 athletes total (if they include this they better increate the 2900 athlete cap...)
  • IOC expected to make a decision about including it in the Olympics in March

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

• 15 athletes per team, 240 athletes total (if they include this they better increate the 2900 athlete cap...)

I hope there is some diversity in teams across both disciplines.

I wonder how they will get the 240 quotas. Losing Nordic Combined + Ski mountaineering is only 72 quotas.

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Sorry but this is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard… putting in 3x3 hockey (which doesn’t even have its own World Championships or anything like that) over telemark skiing, ice cross, and freeride skiing… :sick:

This is coming from a big fan of hockey. Curious as to what @hckošice @phelps @Epic Failure @copravolley@Topicmaster1010 think though?

6 hours ago, intoronto said:

I wonder how they will get the 240 quotas. Losing Nordic Combined + Ski mountaineering is only 72 quotas.

It would be a complete disaster quotas wise. The winter games already have too small of an athlete quota for the current program.

there's no point as such mini-versions of team sports are supposed to give opportunities to more countries to shine, but it won't work for ice hockey

Bring back the 1991 borders

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Sorry but this is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard… putting in 3x3 hockey (which doesn’t even have its own World Championships or anything like that) over telemark skiing, ice cross, and freeride skiing… :sick:

This is coming from a big fan of hockey. Curious as to what @hckošice @phelps @Epic Failure @copravolley@Topicmaster1010 think though?

:zip: 

I don't want to end up in jail :bones:

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

I hope the French are not so stupid to give up on Ski Mountaineering, they are the heart of this sport (together with :SUI and :ITA) and they also have great medal chances

but after they got rid of Karate to host Breakdance in Paris, I shouldn't be surprised their (senseless) decisions

I'm pretty sure that the only purpose for UCI to created Snowbike Events was to get in the Winter Olympics

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-02-12-a-las-9.3

And considering next winter Olympics are in France, David Lappartient is president of both UCI and french NOC and IOC candidate..... I think it's a done deal.

43 minutes ago, phelps said:

I hope the French are not so stupid to give up on Ski Mountaineering, they are the heart of this sport (together with :SUI and :ITA) and they also have great medal chances

but after they got rid of Karate to host Breakdance in Paris, I shouldn't be surprised their (senseless) decisions

We have SkiMo at Olympic? We have only the circus, with the sprint.

Give us the REAL SkiMo, thanks.

As mentioned before, 3x3 hockey is not developed enough to be its own event and given the proposed size of teams it will literally be a B-level hockey tournament with likely the same teams as the full size.

If they want to follow in basketball's footstep the team size should be 6 players, no padding outside of the goalie, and the game played on a street of a quiet neighbourhood. Maybe throw in a car every now and then to force the players to stop and clear the street :p.

Edited by JoshMartini007