website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, mard0n said:

How maximum 2 quota places through Continental Qualification rule work here? In the qualification system there is no clear definition of the maximum quotas possible to receive through reallocation. Only indicating 4 maximum per NOC. Or I'm wrong?

you're wrong, the reallocation follows the general rule of max 2 athletes per NOC (per gender)

up to 4 athletes per NOC (per gender) are only possible when all of them are qualified via World Ranking

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

I get why people think it will be reallocated to Chamizo (WCh quota to AZE and then European quota to ITA), but after reading a bit I think it will simply go to the Chinese, as the highest ranked at the WCh who is not yet qualified. The wording imo is quite clear and the same that was used for 2020(1), where for example the reallocation in women's 62kg went directly to ROU (and not to USA who had later won a PanAmerican quota, and thus the next best PanAm wrestler).

no

world championships quota are reallocated at the world champs, continental quota through the continental champs and world qualfication tournament's quota through the WQT

Wrestling Qualification System.JPG

which means that Sidakov's quota must go to :AZE Bayramov and the Azeri's quota must go to next in line in the tournament where Bayramov got the original quota place (= European qualifiers, so :ITA Chamizo)

what was done in the previous Olympic cycle doesn't count at all, this time rules are different, looking at the official document

I think any decent lawyer would easily win any dispute about it in a trial court

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, phelps said:

what was done in the previous Olympic cycle doesn't count at all, this time rules are different, looking at the official document

Not at all. The rules are the same. This was for Tokyo.

202406164516_155145.png

I stand by my opinion: AZE is qualified, quota should go to CHN as the highest ranked at the WCh that is not yet qualified (just like USA was qualified so the quota went to ROU).

Edited by Faramir

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

no

world championships quota are reallocated at the world champs, continental quota through the continental champs and world qualfication tournament's quota through the WQT

Wrestling Qualification System.JPG

which means that Sidakov's quota must go to :AZE Bayramov and the Azeri's quota must go to next in line in the tournament where Bayramov got the original quota place (= European qualifiers, so :ITA Chamizo)

I think any decent lawyer would easily win any dispute about it in a trial court

"respecting the maximum quota per gender or per NOC". 

The NOC of Azerbaijan has a quota for the continental tournament. Why should they get another quota for the WСh?

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

Not at all. The rules are the same. This was for Tokyo.

202406164516_155145.png

well, then there was room for invalidate UWW's decision...I'm surprised that the US wrestler didn't fight for her right at the time

the words are more than clear: "the same event where the qualification was obtained" means only one thing, no room for interpretation

and Sidakov qualified at the world champs = next in line, Bayramov; then, Bayramov qualified at the continental tournament = next in line, Chamizo

any different outcome is definitely in contrast with the rules

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Art Art said:

The NOC of Azerbaijan has a quota for the continental tournament. Why should they get another quota for the WСh?

because the world champs were held earlier and have the priority...once Sidakov is out, the first not qualified athlete in that tournament (the key is this...the same tournament where the quota to be reallocated was obtained) is Bayramov

and once the Azeri gets the WC quota, then his continental qualification tournament's effort is void, useless...and the first in line in that continental tournament is Chamizo, who is the only man entitled to get that quota place

we'll see what happens, but if I were Italy (and any other Nation in the same position), I'd go to each and every court level available to defend that right

Edited by phelps

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, phelps said:

words are more than clear: "the same event where the qualification was obtained" means only one thing, no room for interpretation

Yes, they are clear. The only hope for Chamizo was the reallocation of the Belarus quota won at the European tournament. But now we know that there's an eligible guy from Belarus.

Edited by Faramir

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

because the world champs were held earlier and have the priority...once Sidakov is out, the first not qualified athlete in that tournament (the key is this...the same tournament where the quota to be reallocated was obtained) is Bayramov

and once the Azeri gets the WC quota, then his continental qualification tournament's effort is void, useless...and the first in line in that continental tournament is Chamizo, who is the only man entitled to get that quota place

we'll see what happens, but if I were Italy (and any other Nation in the same position), I'd go to each and every court level available to defend that right

Pay attention to this

2 minutes ago, Art Art said:

Pay attention to this

that's absolutely respected...AZE only gets Bayramov's quota in any case

this is not a problem

the only question is the order of attribution of that quota place

4 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Yes, they are clear. The only hope for Chamizo was the reallocation of the Belarus quota won at the European tournament. Since there is an eligible guy from Belarus, Chamizo is 99% out.

I don't really think so

Bayramov got his original quota at the continetal tournament...that's the quota place to be reallocated if he gets the WC place (which is obvious, since he is the 1st in line that didn't get a WC quota)

p.s. however I won't be surprised if :ITA don't get that OQP, it's obvious that UWW cheaters now have our Country in the target for any possible form of disrespect

I only hope that our NOC would fight until the end, going also to the Swiss Civil Court if necessary