website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

19 minutes ago, dodge said:

14.766 the lowest pommel qualifier in the end. 6 men with 15.000 and above. 

I won’t be able to watch the final after Tokyo 

Pommel horse like the balance beam is just too nerve wracking if you've got a stake in the outcome. On both apparatus it always appears they're on the edge of disaster. 

4 hours ago, Braulio said:

Still I think Khoi Young not getting in to the team is a big mistake. 

Probably, but the bet on Nedoroscik has worked so far (probably their only chance of a medal in MAG). Let's see in the final...

Posted (edited)

Aurel Benović is in men's vault final (3rd in qualies)!

Such an inspiration. He is 24 now. His mother suddenly died last autumn and father died when he was a child. Besides, he had an injury and could not go to Worlds 2023. After that he had big psihological problems. He thought about career end. He had 4 qualification tournaments to be in top 2 on the floor (his best discipline) to qualify for olympics. Before the last tournament,he should be in top 2 and wait errors from opponents. He qualified for Olympics. In 3 months,vault has become his better discipline. Now,he is in olympic final!🇭🇷💪🔝🙌

Edited by BruT06

As expected, lots of shocking results. The biggest ones for me were :JOR Al-Soud not making the pommel horse final, and :LTU Tvorogal missing the horizontal bar final. Quite sad, also, because they were their countries' best-ever hopes for a medal in gymnastics. Yulo not being able to qualify for the parallel bars final is also a big surprise, as well as Mariano on the horizontal bar. 

Some of the qualifiers, though, are very special, especially :IRI Olfati on vault, :COL Barajas on both parallel bars and horizontal bar, :CYP Georgiou on the horizontal bar, :KAZ Karimi on floor, :CRO Benovic on vault, and basically everyone on the pommel horse (seriously, they are all special for one reason or another).

I think we'll witness the first-ever medal (or medals) for :PHI and :IRL, and maybe :KAZ or :COL

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Top 3 are US , i dont beleive ...stop cheating 

It must be cheating just because the first 3 are americans, right?

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?