website statistics

Athletics WA Team Race Walking World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Three pairs will qualify based on the WA Ranking by June 30th. Currently 3 highest ranked NOCs (not those countries that already qualified at least 1 pair) based the fastest time achieved: :PER :POR :CZE

But still there will be some competitions to improve their time. I guess :GRE :USA :GUA :LTU :KAZ and maybe also :KOR will try to improve their times and qualify through the ranking. Although, I haven't found another event where will be the mixed relay event, I suppose they will be a part of some national championship? 

+ :ECU

1 minute ago, Jose Luis said:

Can athletes who do not participate in the individual 20km walk event participate in the mixed walking relay?

That's my question too. Canada's women's athlete is unlikely to qualify in the individual event. :mumble:

5 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Once again Brazil being robbed in this sport really close to the end

no, that wasn't a robbery

once in their lifetime, judges Today have been consistent through the whole day and Lyra was actually losing her technique once she was getting tired

the capital mistake is absolutely on her, she knew she had 2 red cards already and didn't even think about slowing down the pace a bit and try to make her action correct again, so to save at least a medal (meanwhile the Japanese girl was really smart -as you would expect at this level of the game- and once she was joined by the Italian didn't even try to answer the attack because she knew that she was also on the edge of a penalty and any increase of the pace at that point would have meant another red card, so she smartly settled down for silver instead of taking useless risks)

49 minutes ago, Jose Luis said:

Can athletes who do not participate in the individual 20km walk event participate in the mixed walking relay?

48 minutes ago, intoronto said:

That's my question too. Canada's women's athlete is unlikely to qualify in the individual event. :mumble:

yes, Relay and Individual qualification are not related to each other

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

Neither was the Zhang touch on Camargo at the Pan American Fencing Olympic Qualifier (if that’s one of the “robberies” that he means)

Brazilian fans are very passionate people, and I’ve noticed that most of the non-Brazilian fencing fanatics disagree with that call. Most of them seem to agree that the touch for 14-14 was made BEFORE the fall and not after. When I first watched it I had doubts, but from replaying it again it was the right call IMO. 

@LuizGuilherme

35 minutes ago, phelps said:

once in their lifetime, judges Today have been consistent through the whole day and Lyra was actually losing her technique once she was getting tired

the capital mistake is absolutely on her, she knew she had 2 red cards already and didn't even think about slowing down the pace a bit and try to make her action correct again, so to save at least a medal (meanwhile the Japanese girl was really smart -as you would expect at this level of the game- and once she was joined by the Italian didn't even try to answer the attack because she knew that she was also on the edge of a penalty and any increase of the pace at that point would have meant another red card, so she smartly settled down for silver instead of taking useless risks)

Italy now has 6 people qualified enter? 2+2 with minimums + 2 with relays? Today, in the 20-kilometer race, the Italian was 1 second up of the minimum.

Edited by copravolley

As for the games themselves, Stano and Palmisano will 99% take part in the relay if they are healthy. Trapletti is 39 years old and will not exceed a certain level, and Fortunato has never won an individual medal at a major event. Only one of his shots in the 20 km race in Paris, e.g. a medal will make him take Stano's place. Therefore, for both Trapletti and Fortunato, today's gold medal means a lot and I can even suspect that they were there at the top of their form this season. Applause for them but it's a pity that Italy doesn't have the second qualification and that they won't be able to run this distance in Paris either.

Edited by copravolley

Seems to be some confusion about quotas and places etc. These relay quotas are the same as 4x100, 4x400 etc 

A nation that qualifies a walking relay team can enter that team with any man and any woman they want, but they can’t use those quotas to get extra individuals in the 20km walk

Most countries will use their strongest individuals (ie those already qualified) for the team event though so they won’t be additional quota spots for most.

Canada is an example where qualification increases their athletic team by one. Dunfee will go in the individual event and he’ll go in the relay too. His partner in the relay won’t be in the individual event though