website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

Women's 59kg quotas

:CHN:UKR:CAN:COL:TPE:VEN:PHI:NGR:FRA:MEX and :MHL

next in line: :USA:BEL:ITA:JPN:MHL

this is a bit messed up because Ukraine should be banned from the Olympics (still not a sure thing). China might not pick up this weight as well. (Luo Shifang broke the WR but injured herself in the process, not sure how serious it was)

and when it comes to realocation, USA will pick 3 other weights, this Belgian girl is also qualified at 49kg!! she is currently 59kg but still I don't how is the order of things, can she wait for a reallocated quota in this weight (which she prefers) or she has to confirm her 49kg quota first ? 

MHL has the continental quota for now (she might even get into top 10) 

Edited by MHSN

How serious was that injury? I think if it's not serious Luo goes to Olympics almost certainly due to healthy gap between 1 and 2 as well as finishing ahead of North Korea in her weight while also breaking WR.

15 hours ago, MHSN said:

Women's 59kg quotas

:CHN:UKR:CAN:COL:TPE:VEN:PHI:NGR:FRA:MEX and :MHL

next in line: :USA:BEL:ITA:JPN:MHL

this is a bit messed up because Ukraine should be banned from the Olympics (still not a sure thing). China might not pick up this weight as well. (Luo Shifang broke the WR but injured herself in the process, not sure how serious it was)

and when it comes to realocation, USA will pick 3 other weights, this Belgian girl is also qualified at 49kg!! she is currently 59kg but still I don't how is the order of things, can she wait for a reallocated quota in this weight (which she prefers) or she has to confirm her 49kg quota first ? 

MHL has the continental quota for now (she might even get into top 10) 

Why exactly should Ukraine be banned from the Olympics?

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

Why exactly should Ukraine be banned from the Olympics?

It's connected with doping violations but we have 1 solved case with Marushchak who has been banned for not 4 years. That's gave us chance to be at the Paris, but the things are heated 

18 minutes ago, Illya said:

It's connected with doping violations but we have 1 solved case with Marushchak who has been banned for not 4 years. That's gave us chance to be at the Paris, but the things are heated 

Oh I see, thats sucks I hope it will get solved for the best

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Who could explain to me how things are going for :FRA as host country? do we have 2 men and 2 women? and what category?

I suppose that your federation will make the selection later. They can choose which category. And later those categories where French were not selected, will probably go as a reallocation to another country. 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

I suppose that your federation will make the selection later. They can choose which category. And later those categories where French were not selected, will probably go as a reallocation to another country. 

so whatever happens we will have 2 men and 2 women (host country quota)? THANKS

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so whatever happens we will have 2 men and 2 women (host country quota)? THANKS

Nono, it should be 3 men and 3 women. It can be both either qualified through the Olympic ranking and use the Host quota. If France qualifies a weightlifter in a certain category through Olympic ranking, then I think it should be in the same category where the unused host quota should be reallocated to another country in the line.