website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

7 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Laura Stephens really has dropped off from the form she showed in Doha - still think she goes to Paris but I had expected her to at least be hitting the BST in both the 100 and the 200. 

To be fair to her she's raced a lot in a short amount of time, and fly is the most taxing stroke on your body so it's to be expected that she was gonna have a poor meet at some point. I think she definitely knew she was going Paris beforehand, as you'd be pretty stupid not to take a reigning world champion in an event with not as much depth. 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

To be fair to her she's raced a lot in a short amount of time, and fly is the most taxing stroke on your body so it's to be expected that she was gonna have a poor meet at some point. I think she definitely knew she was going Paris beforehand, as you'd be pretty stupid not to take a reigning world champion in an event with not as much depth. 

Maybe I am not so sure. 

21 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

It’s not if she wishes. It’s if the team wishes. And I think they tell her to focus on the relay and 200. 

I don't think they will. There's a good amount of rest time between the 2 fly swims and the relay so they could let her swim the individual as a way to gauge what she needs to do in the relay. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Disappointing from Wilby not to at least hit the OQT, he had it in the bag going into the last 50 but somehow managed to do a 35. 

He does at least get the OCT so he can still be entered into the event. 

3 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Is Matt Richards really thinking about doing the 50 in Paris? If not Alex Cohoon will be eligible for the second spot. Can't remember the last time we had 2 men in the 50 free. 

Apparently he is. The 50 is away from the relays so he might well try it.