website statistics

Wrestling UWW African/Oceanian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Mohamed Ibrahim elsayed Tokyo 2020 bronze medalist lost in quarterfinals to :TUN Suleyman Nasr 7-4 , the same tunisian guy lost 8-0 to our other wrestler Mostafa Hussein junior world champion last year from couple of days , well done our Egyptian wrestling federation 

edit : it was another Tunisian guy , i guess his brother 

Edited by thepharoah

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

@MHSN can Mostafa Hussein still qualify in -67 kg from world qualification tournament or we must enter Mohamed Ibrahim as well 

You can enter whoever you want, no restriction

but it's hard to cross the name of an Olympic medalist off. I still would send him even though he was surprisingly terrible today

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

You can enter whoever you want, no restriction

but it's hard to cross the name of an Olympic medalist off. I still would send him even though he was surprisingly terrible today

Karam Gaber one of the best wrestlers in history of the game at least from my POV won gold in Athens 2004 and lost in Beijing 2008 in the 1st round , it doesn't matter if you are an Olympic Medalist and u did nothing from 2021 that u must participate especially if we have a very talented young guy won gold medal in junior WCH and i'm sure that there was no even matches between them like any other place 

i can't ask a guy that lost in African qualifications to qualify from world qualifications non sense 

Edited by thepharoah

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

that was a very quick session, most of the matches finished in the first period

quota matches in Greco-Roman

60kg: :ALGvs:MAR and :COMvs:EGY

67kg: :TUNvs:SLE and :ALGvs:AUS

77kg: :ALGvs:MAR and :RSAvs:EGY

87kg: :ALGvs:ANG and :EGYvs:TUN

97kg: :ALGvs:TUN and :EGYvs:MAR

130kg: round robin, :TUN and :MAR 99.99% qualified

In 67 kg it's :SAM who is in SF

Comoros was very close to win a very surprising quota , leading 5-2 with 1 minute to go 

but his defense was terrible, he was standing wrongly the whole time and finally gave up a 4pts throw, he had this coming and I was sure it will happen sooner or later. :(