website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 hours ago, dodge said:

Refs don’t give any scores. Judges do.

It’s a very hard sport to judge, and generally they do a good job. The majority of people watching on TV have no idea what they’re looking at. It most certainly isn’t random. 

10 points for winning a round take all the drama out of most 3rd rounds. That’s the biggest issue. That and a warning being too big of a punishment.

Maybe if some countries have the balls to leave the IBA the sport can revert back to point per blow scoring and stop trying to compete with the pro ranks. 

99% of “robbery” calls are just sore losers whinging IMO

I don't agree at all

in the Olympic Boxing, at least 30% of times (and I'm keeping myself strict) the winner of a bout is the wrong one. and it's not because most people don't know what the judges are looking at when their scores are shaped. 

and often, even when the score is correct/at least acceptable, among the 5 judges there's at least 1 that has watched another movie, whithout having those people thrown off the panel for the rest of their life

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

I don't agree at all

in the Olympic Boxing, at least 30% of times (and I'm keeping myself strict) the winner of a bout is the wrong one. and it's not because most people don't know what the judges are looking at when their scores are shaped. 

and often, even when the score is correct/at least acceptable, among the 5 judges there's at least 1 that has watched another movie, whithout having those people thrown off the panel for the rest of their life

That is your opinion and frankly, it’s nonsense.

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

well, that was too nice to be true :lol: Imagine a slovak female boxer at the Olympics. That would be Just Hilarious. Kinda historic but quite hilarious :p

Congrats :NED :yes

You have still a chances :p

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

You have still a chances :p

Yep, a slim one in Mixed Race Walk I guess and pretty sure we will grab a quota or two in Table Tennis singles + we already assured of 2 universality places in Swimming :d

18 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep, a slim one in Mixed Race Walk I guess and pretty sure we will grab a quota or two in Table Tennis singles + we already assured of 2 universality places in Swimming :d

Honestly, i think that Slovakian boxer is favourite for the quota :p

Edited by Gianlu33