website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

:GBR women top qualifying for team pursuit with a 4:12.311 ahead of :NZL in second 4:13.637 and :AUS A team in third with 4:14.566. In terms of times, GB and New Zealand were both around 2 second slower than they recorded at Glasgow World Champs. 

:JPN unlucky to miss out on a place in the first-round finishing in 9th place but will be awarded 8th place when it comes to Olympic ranking points. 

:GBR men's team pursuit finish qualifying with 3:52.509 and now have to wait for the rest of the field to go although they do know that they have qualified for the 1st round. By comparison, their time is about 3 seconds slower than their qualifying time from last month's European Champs. 

:GBR men team pursuit finish qualifying in 2nd place behind :AUS A who clocked a 3:51.203. GB will now be up against :NZL in the 1st round later on.

Not sure what happened with :ITA - they seemed to be having a great run for the first couple of kms but faded in the second half to finish qualifying in 4th place with a 3:53.553.

:BEL and :USA both miss out on the 1st round and will finish 8th and 9th respectively for Olympic ranking points.

Edited by Rafa Maciel
Correcting GB's next opponent

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Are :AUS "B" eligible for points scoring?

Had to do some digging on this as I wasn't sure but then couldn't find the answer in the track regulations manual so I have looked back at what happened in Milton last year when Canada had 2 teams in the pursuit.

My understanding is that only the top ranked team scores the points - so I am assuming that will be :AUS A. Then for the purposes of the Olympic ranking points, it is as if :AUS B isn't there and everyone who finishes behind them moves up 1 place.