website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

This is perhaps the best XC course I have seen. So glad it's not just a dressage test event like so many other previous Olympics. I want to see the rider and horse's ability in all 3 disciplines of the 3 day event and how they handle it. 

Edited by Joshi

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Agger:

Braindead? That's quite a statement!

Its really disrespectful too all the people who are really braindead, i will change it to "shockingly stupid". :yes

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

26 minutes ago, Joshi said:

This is perhaps the best XC course I have seen. So glad it's not just a dressage test event like so many other previous Olympics. I want to see the rider and horse's ability in all 3 disciplines of the 3 day event and how they handle it. 

Exactly. We are so used to having "dressage" competition these days while in reality eventing should be

1) cross-country

2) dressage

3) jumping

One of the greats of eventing Ian Stark said that this course was about riding, and clearly it was.

#banbestmen

48 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah expected for Klimke, it just isnt meant to be, the course is clearly to difficult, organizers are completely braindead, just like those in road cycling.

Organizers don't design the course, there is a special course designer for that. And it was the same designer of that tough test in Normandy in 2014, so they could have known what to expect.

Klimke interestingly still isn't officially eliminated. She should be because she jumped the wrong fence after refusal. :SWE Linda Algotsson made the same mistake on the same fence and was eliminated.

#banbestmen

vor 1 Minute schrieb dcro:

Organizers don't design the course, there is a special course designer for that. And it was the same designer of that tough test in Normandy in 2014, so they could have known what to expect.

Klimke interestingly still isn't officially eliminated. She should be because she jumped the wrong fence after refusal. :SWE Linda Algotsson made the same mistake on the same fence and was eliminated.

Sorry, i dont agree at all. If so many athletes have a refusal or are eliminated, then its not a good course in my opinion. Normally we also dont just have dressage, the difference is that normally its about the time (only the best riders make the time) and not about not having a refusal. Germany has been the best nation in eventing for many years and now they wont even win a medal, do you really think that this course showed which nations are best in eventing? This would mean that all organizers in the past got it wrong and Germany was just lucky.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sorry, i dont agree at all. If so many athletes have a refusal or are eliminated, then its not a good course in my opinion. Normally we also dont just have dressage, the difference is that normally its about the time (only the best riders make the time) and not about not having a refusal. Germany has been the best nation in eventing for many years and now they wont even win a medal, do you really think that this course showed which nations are best in eventing? This would mean that all organizers in the past got it wrong and Germany was just lucky.

Having the fastest time is not about riding as much as having a fast horse. Jumps are there for a reason. Auffarth risked on first water and had a refusal, it's not lottery, it's her fault that she didn't have a better approach. Jung was fast because he was riding well (the best of all). Inexperienced Krajewski had refusals probably because of pressure. Klimke was going well but then refusal happened as she risked a lot. And after that she made a stupid mistake by jumping a wrong fence, she can blame only herself for that.

Last time we had as tough course as this (2014) Germany won. But mistakes happen and this time it wasn't their day.

#banbestmen

vor einer Stunde schrieb dcro:

Having the fastest time is not about riding as much as having a fast horse. Jumps are there for a reason. Auffarth risked on first water and had a refusal, it's not lottery, it's her fault that she didn't have a better approach. Jung was fast because he was riding well (the best of all). Inexperienced Krajewski had refusals probably because of pressure. Klimke was going well but then refusal happened as she risked a lot. And after that she made a stupid mistake by jumping a wrong fence, she can blame only herself for that.

Last time we had as tough course as this (2014) Germany won. But mistakes happen and this time it wasn't their day.

Yeah i think all teams had at least one athlete who got eliminated or had a refusal, i guess for all of them it was just bad luck ...

Klimkes mistake was obvious, she was riding too fast and therefore missed the obstacle, the german coach told her to risk everything.

If this is what eventing should look like for you, then it hopefully will be kicked out of the olympics because no one wants to watch this shitty lottery.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah i think all teams had at least one athlete who got eliminated or had a refusal, i guess for all of them it was just bad luck ...

Klimkes mistake was obvious, she was riding too fast and therefore missed the obstacle, the german coach told her to risk everything.

If this is what eventing should look like for you, then it hopefully will be kicked out of the olympics because no one wants to watch this shitty lottery.

Teams are supposed to earn gold at the Olympics, not just go there and win because they are the favorites or because they dominate.There is a bit of luck in every sport, but XC is not a lottery. If it is then Jung is one incredibly lucky chap :lol:

But whatever, thankfully the IOC doesn't freak out and want sport out of the Olympics whenever favorites don't win, so I'm not worried at all. ;)

#banbestmen

Looks like Klimke wasn't eliminated at the end (they also reinstated Linda Algotsson). So Germany is back in 4th place teamwise

I'm not completely familiar with the rules there so don't know whether they should have been eliminated or not

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen