website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Swimming doesn’t need anymore events, but relays should be cut to 12 to leave a couple more quotas for individual events.

I’d also cut the m/w 4x100 free (in favor of the mixed relay) to better use quotas, again.

Are we really going to cut the best swimming event? We should get rid of literally any other event on the program (except the individual 100m free) before the 4x100m relay.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Are we really going to cut the best swimming event? We should get rid of literally any other event on the program (except the individual 100m free) before the 4x100m relay.

No, I meant cut the gendered versions in favor of the Mixed 4x100m Free. You could also cut the gendered 4x200m Free in favor of a Mixed 4x200m.

The Mixed 4x100m Medley needs to cut as well. The medley relays work better as gendered events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I meant cut the gendered versions in favor of the Mixed 4x100m Free. You could also cut the gendered 4x200m Free in favor of a Mixed 4x200m.

The Mixed 4x100m Medley needs to cut as well. The medley relays work better as gendered events.

So yes, removing the best event in swimming (that also has a ton of history behind it, and produced some of the best Olympic moments period) to replace it with a pale imitation.

It's not like there isn't a ton of fat to cut elsewhere in swimming if we need to do that (and dear god we do need to get rid of the mixed medley relay)

Edited by NearPup

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The relays are too popular with viewers for them to be cut.