website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Adriano said:

Guys all Top 18 are really safe

We think so, but that's not official at all. 

Actually, not even finalists are safe, at least officially now.

The official document is very very very clear that in no way it will be possible to have more than 136 athletes.

At the beginning of the WC we already had 90 quotas distribuited from host country, Fukuoka and Continental Golds. As the Syncro quotas are guaranteed, we will have 32 more, so 122. 

This means, only 14 quotas will be definitely officially given right now. In the women's plataform we had 4 finalists in. For the men's at least 4... 

The NOCs will have 2 weeks to confirm the quotas and than reallocation process begins. 

China for instance (and other countries) probably will have 16 quotas, but will take 9, 10 athletes.

I'm not really sure about 2 things:

1- Do the countries have to nominate their athletes now or can China (and other countries) accept the 16 athletes and can in June/July say "here we will only have 9 athletes, thanks". Or do they have to nominate their athletes now?

What I think: If we count all the finalists we will have a bit more than 140 athletes, with 5-10 exceding. I THINK the World Aquatics will confirm all those quotas, knowing that in the end they will have less then 136. And ONLY then they will start to invite the semifinalists.

2- The reallocation will go through the position of the semifinal (as in: first all the 13th, then 14th, then 15th, etc?). Or will they try to adjust first the 4 individual events in the number of athletes? I think it will be the first.

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Great quota great the Ukranians, the Canadians should thank the judges for saving their asses with the 4th round scores.

You won a quota and you’re salty? I do agree it was over-scored, but don’t think it was by more than ten marks. 

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

You won a quota and you’re salty? I do agree it was over-scored, but don’t think it was by more than ten marks. 

I’m not salty, I’m just saying that while :PRK  :UKR  &. :MEX received their scores more or less consistent with what they did, that overscore (which after watching it again carefully was not as big as I thought) gave Canada an advantage over their nearest rivals, which felt the pressure of doing it perfectly in that last round.

On better news, I think Miller should just wait official confirmation, but she got a second spot for Canada in the individual event, with :IRL McGing now being first under the line.

Also :CUB  :DOM  :LAT  &. :USA should get confirmation of spaces for the individual events.

As things stand, I think there are 26 individual athletes we can confidently say are going to be in the women's 10m platform events in Paris - this is likely to be an event where it is pretty safe to assume that the synchro athletes will also be selected for the individual event where they have qualified. 

image.png

12 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

As things stand, I think there are 26 individual athletes we can confidently say are going to be in the women's 10m platform events in Paris - this is likely to be an event where it is pretty safe to assume that the synchro athletes will also be selected for the individual event where they have qualified. 

image.png

Jade Gillet could also be drafted individual