website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s on nights like this that I hate the American education system. I just want to sleep, not read Edgar Allan Poe.

During my high school years, we have some choice of mandatory books to read for English lessons such as "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Alchemist".

Not a good program to force English comprehension though :wacko:

Entering my World Equestrian Games prediction contest picks..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

So basically like wine tasting.

I'm gonna go with...no :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I have never in my life read Edgar Allan Poe :p 

:yikes:I mean, just what!!!:yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, dcro said:

@mrv86 Which one is the best? :d

Except for "Suadero", each and every one is the best, depending on your mood and personal taste.

I would personally suggest you try "Pozole" (a broth made of pork and maize, many regional styles), "Tacos al Pastor" (seasoned pork slowly grilled like kebabs) "Enchiladas" (a tortilla filled with cheese & onion or chicken, dipped in sauce and slightly fried) and "Tamales Oaxaqueños" (pork or chicken seasoned in sauce, wrapped in corn "dough", which is wrapped in banana leafs and steamed)

Forgot to add: "Tortas Ahogadas" is the traditional dish of my city, as the bread can only be made in Guadalajara due to a combination of the city's climate and the particular yeasts used to make the bread, which is filled with fried pork meat, and then drenched (that's why they're called ahogadas, which means drowned) in tomate sauce and hot pepper sauce.

Edited by mrv86

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I did watch the South Park episode about him, does that count?

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I did watch the South Park episode about him, does that count?