website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Got some clarification in BMX

The top 9 nations in each nations ranking received 2 spots each. This is not listed in the qualification system at all. What a mess.

:CRC:GUA:PAR took some losses on the women’s side, but it seems all the other NOCs remain largely unchanged.

Still, COPACI making a case for most confusing and poorly written qualification system today.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

:CRC:GUA:PAR took some losses on the women’s side, but it seems all the other NOCs remain largely unchanged.

Still, COPACI making a case for most confusing and poorly written qualification system today.

They are based in Cuba with no English staff. I wonder if something got lost in translation.

:ARU gained a second women's quota, even though they have only 1 athlete.

Edited by intoronto

Does anybody know where I can get the directives/rules for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Pan American Championships? On Twitter, a reliable account mentioned that the team event (the most important event for the World Championships, since top 3 teams qualify more than 1 gymnast to Worlds) will count the 8 best scores, but team events usually count the 10 best scores. This changes things quite a lot.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

It looks like the UWW has quietly moved a quota from women's 68 kg wrestling from :BRA to :CAN

Anyone know why? @vinipereira

I have no idea. Just last week Brazilian Wrestling posted that we were qualified for the WW 68 category, but after the Americas championship they changed to the WW 50 category.

@intoronto any word on canoe sprint quotas from the U23 Pan American Championships in Chile?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 5/13/2023 at 10:11 PM, Olympian1010 said:

@intoronto any word on canoe sprint quotas from the U23 Pan American Championships in Chile?

Nothing yet. I'm surprised they pivoted to an u23 tournament to fill out the quotas.

____

Final karate qualifiers entries:https://www.sportdata.org/wkf/set-online/popup_nennungen_main.php?popup_action=nennungenall&verid=737

Originally Hayaa Juma of Canada was scheduled to compete but isn't listed anymore...she just gave birth in March