website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. :facepalm:

Believe it or not, I entered the year of 2014 when standing in the middle of that ski jumping hill. It almost seems unbelieveable now. :d

Does any actual ski jumping take place there? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Looks like they recently added some nice modern youth training hills:

Maybe we’ll get a Croatian ski jumper someday (at least at a YOG or something) 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It regularly hosted ski jumping events until the early 1980s. Then there was a short-lived reanimation around 2006 or something, but not so much since.

There are talks about renovation every once in a while... But only "talks".

#banbestmen

8 hours ago, Vektor said:

Fun fact: I did try to find English language songs by Hungarian artists both times I entered TISC because I am very much aware about that songs in English perform better in contests like TISC. And I couldn't find much. :d For better or worse Hungary is doomed to send Hungarian language songs, because apparently we almost never write songs in English. 

I just look for whichever songs I like most and they are simply rarely, if ever, Dutch :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Good Morning

Croatia2020.png

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now only about 15 minutes away from the start of the Grand Final.

We will take this opportunity to present a couple of Croatian singers of the olden age.

They are Vice Vukov and Josipa Lisac.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Online exam should be illegal, I already hate it :p

What's the problem? Although I can imagine it's annoying to have to scan your entire room with your webcam to make sure there's nothing in it, like I had to do when making the Ethical Hacking Foundation exam (which I did at work, but I still had to scan everything, including under the chair and desk, so they could see there was nothing fishy) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Little English lesson (since we’re talking about school) :p

Copyright - material protected by the government, belonging to a certain brand.

Cheating - getting the answers necessary to complete a exam, or attempting too.

Plagiarize - stealing someone else’s work, or failing to properly cite sources for a paper.

English mistakes in your English lessons? :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

What's the problem? Although I can imagine it's annoying to have to scan your entire room with your webcam to make sure there's nothing in it, like I had to do when making the Ethical Hacking Foundation exam (which I did at work, but I still had to scan everything, including under the chair and desk, so they could see there was nothing fishy) :p 

In the US we don’t use webcams for online exams. It’s pretty much just honor code, with some security built in the online platforms (I.e no extra tabs/windows, time limits, etc.)

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

just spotted this at the entrance...

c6NsXUws.jpg

HIyoPiP.jpeg