Dolby

2 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Brazilians:

34º Marcus D'Almeida

45º Bernardo Oliveira 

53º Daniel Rezende Xavier 

and 12th on teams

not so good start :( 

At least D'Almeida made up some ground in the end, I hope he can show a lot better form in the individual tournament...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Felipe:

Brazilians:

34º Marcus D'Almeida

45º Bernardo Oliveira 

53º Daniel Rezende Xavier 

and 12th on teams

not so good start :( 

Yes, very disappointing, i thought that D'Ameida would win a medal.

Netherlands were also pretty disappointing, some might have predicted that they would win a medal, which seems pretty unlikely (but of course not impossible) right now. I predicted gold for South Korea, silver for Italy and bronze for USA, so my prediction is still possible..

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Netherlands were also pretty disappointing, some might have predicted that they would win a medal, which seems pretty unlikely (but of course not impossible) right now. I predicted gold for South Korea, silver for Italy and bronze for USA, so my prediction is still possible..

Dielemans disappointed, but of course he's the weakest link, but Van der Ven is definitely the one I expected more of..

I would have given us still a decent medal chance if we were in the other half, but now? We'd need a pretty big surprise. Van der Ven and Van den Berg could, on a good day, match the Koreans, but Dielemans needs his best day ever to stay close to the third Korean (who would also need a bad day). I agree with you, not impossible, but unlikely. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 12 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Dielemans disappointed, but of course he's the weakest link, but Van der Ven is definitely the one I expected more of..

I would have given us still a decent medal chance if we were in the other half, but now? We'd need a pretty big surprise. Van der Ven and Van den Berg could, on a good day, match the Koreans, but Dielemans needs his best day ever to stay close to the third Korean (who would also need a bad day). I agree with you, not impossible, but unlikely. 

At least Van den Berg has a very good draw, he could definitely win a medal. He would probably have to beat Plihon and Lee/Das. Kim should definitely make it to the final in the top half, the bottom half seems much more open. Pasqualucci, Ku, Van der Ven, Furukawa, D'Ameida and Ellison all could make it to the final, maybe even Worth.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

A little dissapointing performance by Ernesto Boardman :MEX  in his Olympic debut... good news is that he doesn't have a Korean archer in his path, yet his route won't be easy. First is the guy from Cuba, which are always sneaky competitors and like to play mental games with their rivals (in which Mexican are extremely weak, as evidenced by the lack of a full team here despite reaching the final in the last 2 world cups and being Pan American champions), yet he shall win that match... next round he will face Atanu Das from India in which his chances are 50/50... I will be satisfied if he goes to the round of of 16, in which he will most likely be out.

As for tomorrow team competition, the favorites are (ITA, KOR and USA) are safe in the first round, in which the only interesting match is the Netherlands v. Spain; yet whoever wins will face Korea, so unless one of the biggest upsets in Olympic archery happens, the Koreans shall go on. Also Italy shall win over Brazil/China, but Chinese Taipei could give some trouble to USA (yet, I'm confident they will reach semis) and if France has a good day they should win over the Aussies. In the end, I'm going for a final between top two seeds, with Italy earning the bronze over the French,

But anything can happen in direct elimination (bad wind, a no shot due to overcoming time limit) so expect some surprise.

10 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

At least D'Almeida made up some ground in the end, I hope he can show a lot better form in the individual tournament...

I believe on it, he is a guy with much potential, i hope he can qualify, at least, to round of 16 (but i will not be disappointed if he don't qualify, archery is very hard and Brazil don't have any tradition)

1 minuto atrás, OlympicsFan disse:

I believe on this prediction for medals too, for KOR, ITA and USA, and i don't think Marcus D'Almeida will won any medal, i bet he can qualify to the R16, at least