website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

46 minutes ago, phelps said:

as a consequence, some great news for the Italian hockey fans (but not for my wallet :facepalm:)...NHL.tv is back with all of its content also for us :cheer:

back in topic...

in a few minutes, I'm going to watch the DL meet (athletics) from Montecarlo (a bit time-shifted)

Nah, strictly speaking Monaco athletics comes from the poverty- & crime-ridden banlieu of Fontvielle, not the luxury suburb of Monte Carlo.

https://www.worldatlas.com/maps/monaco

Edited by Grassmarket

13 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Nah, strictly speaking Monaco athletics comes from the poverty- & crime-ridden banlieu of Fontvielle, not the luxury suburb of Monte Carlo.

https://www.worldatlas.com/maps/monaco

:lol:

here in Italy, you have to say always Montecarlo in any case...if you say Monaco, all the people will think of Munich (which in Italian is Monaco)

This week we have... World Aquatics Championships, Fencing World Championships, Softball World Cup. TYR Swim Finals, Women's Football World Cup, Montreal Elite16 (beach volleyball), FIVB Challenger Cup, Canadian Track and Field Trials, FIBA 3x3 Basketball, BWF Japan Open, WTA/ATP tennis, and Para Swimming World Championships. 

:lol:

Edited by Josh

Doing my best to watch matches/events from the Women’s World Cup, Tour De France Femmes, EYOF, and World Aquatics Championships. Time zones haven’t been too kind on the first and latter. Australia generally isn’t a terrible time zone for California, but they’ve managed to schedule most of the matches from 23:00 - 05:00 my time :(

I’m looking forward to the Jeux de la Francophonie and Summer University Games (even with withdrawals affecting both events), but those will also be a bit rough for me time zone wise. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Great weekend coming up

Scottish National Bowls!

Tour de France Femmes Mountain Stages

FISU starts

Speedway World Cup from Wroclaw

World Triathlon from England

EYOF finishing

Ski Jumping from Courcheval

European Rugby League getting near play-offs

Edited by Grassmarket

Now that the Aquatics and Fencing Worlds are done, what are the next big events to follow before the Athletics Worlds? 

I am guessing the Cycling Worlds will be the #1 event of the first half of August and the Sailing Worlds will be a huge event in terms of direct Olympic quotas. I don't care about the Archery and Sport Climbing Worlds, but I am sure many of you will watch those as well. We also got the Judo Masters coming up in Budapest this weekend which will hand out some very important world ranking points.