website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

I am always a bit jealous when I see how much sports some of you actively watch. For me watching sports in many cases means following live results or watching highlight clips afterwards.

I wonder how many different sports channels/streaming services you are subscribed too, if anyone would be willing to share? If I wanted to follow all my favorites sports here, I would need at least ESPN, Ziggo Sports, ViaPlay, Eurosport/Discovery Plus and Volleyball TV. And of course the public broadcaster NOS, which is available for free.

I'm not a big fan of monthly subscriptions so in the end I only have ESPN, because it came in a package deal with my TV and phone provider.

11 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I am always a bit jealous when I see how much sports some of you actively watch. For me watching sports in many cases means following live results or watching highlight clips afterwards.

I wonder how many different sports channels/streaming services you are subscribed too, if anyone would be willing to share? If I wanted to follow all my favorites sports here, I would need at least ESPN, Ziggo Sports, ViaPlay, Eurosport/Discovery Plus and Volleyball TV. And of course the public broadcaster NOS, which is available for free.

I'm not a big fan of monthly subscriptions so in the end I only have ESPN, because it came in a package deal with my TV and phone provider.

For sport I pay for:

Discovery Plus

Now (ie UK Sky on Streaming)

Viaplay UK

BT Sport (part of the cable package)

Also ESPN Player, but not year-round, certain months only

For free I get NCAA Mountain West Conference.

14 hours ago, Jinzha said:

other than internet, I also have a motorized satellite dish (120cm) and the single satellite system available for all the apartments of the palace where I live.

so, paid TV susbs:

- Sky Italia @ 13 East (the main Italian pay-tv, of course), Sports package only (no Football package, but it's not a big loss, as they only have the Italian football as exclusive feature, the Champions/Europa League and some of the main European National leagues -ENG, GER, FRA- are on the sport pack)

- Czech/Slovak TV provider Skylink @ 23.5 East (Kombi+ package, with the public sport channels from CZE and SVK and a few private sport networks like Sport1 & 2 + Nova Sport 1 & 2 + JOJ Sport and Arena Sport 1 SVK, which cover a lot of sports and especially almost all the Hockey I'm interested in)

- a lot of free channels around the socalled Clarke Stripe and also some "not so free" ones, but still available with some kind of hardware and software (Dreambox STB for instance)

- I used to have also a SRG (public Swiss) TV card, but now it's expired and I didn't replace it yet (and I don't know if I'll ever do it)

Online Service subs:

- ESPN Player (NHL Hockey full coverage -all games of the season, US College Sports and a few more events)

- *MLB.tv (MLB and Dominican Winter League Baseball full coverage)

- *NFL GamePass (NFL Football full coverage)

- *Discovery+ (with all the Eurosport stuff and much more)

all these, with a full yearly subscription (some of them* coming with a strong discount, however).

then, normally only in late September/October (the season's climax), I also add JNEXT TV and i-KOR TV (Japanese and Korean IPTV services with all of their main TV channels) to watch the NPB and KBO Baseball playoffs.

I also have a VPN, of course...and thanks to it, I can steal viewership of some more TV channels online (mainly public TV networks, like NPO/NOS or the Swedish STV Play, for instance)

oh, I almost forgot Youtube and some free services coming directly from the world sports federations (like the Olympic Channel or Wrestling or Judo), which are always an important source for sports with lower media coverage.

despite some discounts, in any case, I feel I'm still investing a lot (too much? :mumble:), but this is my passion, so, I don't care until I can afford it.

My Schedule: 

FIVB Ostrava Elite16

Roland Garros

Taekwondo World Championships 

FIBA 3x3 Basketball World Cup

ISL Surf Games

Women's Volleyball Nations League

BWF Thailand Open

Para Ice Hockey World Championships

Brazilian Swimming Championships

Bishkek Ranking Series Wrestling

UCI BMX Racing World Cup

Equestrian Dressage Group C Olympic Qualifier

Modern Pentathlon World Cup Final

WA Diamond League Florence

WA Continental Tour Hengelo

NBA Finals

NHL Stanley Cup Final

African Mountain Biking Championships (Need to find a link first though. If anyone can help me with that, it would be much appreciated.)

Mel Zajac Swim Meet (Going to watch this event live, and with it featuring MacNeil/Liendo, surely we'll see some fast times being posted. I'll try to share some pictures with my fellow Totallympians after I go)

More will be added soon probably, and there are a couple of swim/athletic meets that I probably haven't come across yet, but will try and make time to watch :d

On 5/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, Jinzha said:

Currently have subscriptions for King Of The Court, Volleyball TV, and Eurosport. That's pretty much it. 

Roland Garros

FIBA 3x3 World Series

Men's/Women's Volleyball Nations League

World Athletics Continental Tour Bydgoszcz

Athletics Diamond League Paris

NBA Finals

Stanley Cup Finals

Rowing World Cup Varese

ISA Surfing Games

UCI BMX Racing World Cup Sakarya

Canoe Slalom World Cup Prague/Tacen

Taekwondo World Cup Rome

Wheelchair Basketball World Championships

Weightlifting World Cup Cuba

Championship Tour Surfing

BWF Singapore Open

Random Swim/Athletics Meets

ATP/WTA Tour 

FIVB Futures Spiez/Lecce/Lille

UCI Mountain Biking World Cup Lenzerheide

Surfing CT El Salvador

Sport Climbing World Cup

Men’s -20 Waterpolo World Championships 

Edited by Josh

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Lately, less than usual. 

Roland Garros

FIBA 3x3 World Series

Men's/Women's Volleyball Nations League

World Athletics Continental Tour Bydgoszcz

Athletics Diamond League Paris

NBA Finals

Stanley Cup Finals

ISA Surfing Games

BWF Singapore Masters

UCI BMX Racing World Cup

Random Swim/Athletics Meets

Guess the European Sex Championships are a bit of a time sink.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually just pick a bunch of events, and watch as many as I can, but obviously I don't have time for everything :p

Here's what I'm thinking of watching:

USA Swim Trials (June 27- July 1)

CEV King & Queen Of The Court (June 27- July 1)

FIVB Men's VNL (June 23-July 23)

FIVB Women's VNL (June 26- July 16)

Sette Colli Trophy (June 23-25)

BPT Futures Ios Island/Messina/Helsinki (June 21-24, June 29- July 2)

Krakow Malopolska 2023 EG (June 21- July 2)

U-23 Africa Cup Of Nations (June 24- July 8)

UEFA European Under -21 Championship (June  21- July 8)

WSL Vivo Rio Pro (June 23- July 1)

WST Street Skateboarding Rome (June 18-25)

IJF Mongolia Grand Slam (June 23-25)

World Triathlon Championship Series Montreal (June 24)

WA Continental Gold Tour USATF New York Grand Prix (June 24)

FIBA 3x3 Basketball Women's Series Orleans/Poitier/Marseille (June 23-24, June 27-28, June 29-30)

Diamond League Lausanne (June 29)

Diamond League Stockholm (July 2)
ATP Halle Open/ATP Queens Club Championship/WTA Berlin Open/WTA Birmingham Open (June 19-25)

WTA/ATP Eastbourne International (June 26- July 1)

WTA Bad Homburg Open (June 25- July 1)

ATP Mallorca Championships (June 25- July 1)

WA Continental Gold Tour Ostrava (June 27)

UCI BMX Racing World Cup Papendal Rounds 3/4 (June 24-25)

BWF Yonex Taipei Open (June 20-25)

Edit: Forgot about Men's Lacrosse World Championships (June 21- July 4)

Sadly, I won't be able to watch all of them, and will have to choose some events to drop from my schedule. 

Edited by Josh

My week is simpler:

2023 European Games (in the morning)

2023 Central American and Caribbean Games (in the afternoon and evening)

and that’s it :p  (maybe something from the 2023 African Beach Games if there’s a broadcast)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela