website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Ali Juck: "fun fact, Katzberg yesterday became the youngest athlete in history to win world title in a throwing athletics event"

I like this guy

For now ... Alekna can take over ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

40 minutes ago, hckošice said:

the girl from Lagos just set new Asian record in 400H. :d

Banned for doping before ... no results in the 400 m hurdles between 2018 and 2023 ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

29 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1 & 2) Not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying that Rheinmetall creating jobs in Hungary is a loss for Hungary (or for Germany)?

Rheinmetall is profiting (better margin) and Hungary as well (more jobs), the german public not so much (less jobs).

3) Not sure about the point you are trying to make. I am perfectly fine with Hungary not taking in any migrants. While you are at it you should just stop them from traveling through your country to other EU countries. I guess Putin wouldn't be happy about that, so not sure how realistic that is.

4) https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

5) I guess you could do what basically all other countries that used to be dependant on russian gas did ...

I don't blame Hungary for doing this (Germany for example made the same "mistake"), but obviously Hungary remaining dependant on russian gas (and therefore making it easy for Puting to "blackmail" them) isn't in the best interest of other EU countries. Maybe they raised the transit fee to force you to go away from russian gas, who knows ...

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

GB used to be insanely bad in sports until 2000 or so, but then they completely exploded and even all the stories around team Sky, Dwain Chambers Paula Radcliffe didn't really hurt them.

GB's improved performance could also be down to the fact that after their shambolic performance in Atlanta, UK Sport got wise to the fact that they need to be more professional and the Govt introduced the national lottery to help fund elite sport with millions of schmucks spending a pound a week in the hope of becoming a millionaire.

3 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

GB's improved performance could also be down to the fact that after their shambolic performance in Atlanta, UK Sport got wise to the fact that they need to be more professional and the Govt introduced the national lottery to help fund elite sport with millions of schmucks spending a pound a week in the hope of becoming a millionaire.

Doesn't have to be one or the other, but without doping all of this is irrelevant. China also claimed that their secret in the 90s was turtle soup. Of course you always have to try to give an explanation that gullible people can believe/plausible deniability, but the answer is always doping. People claiming that it is possible to dominate without doping are extremely disrespectful/insulting.