website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

And to complete this trio of posts: if you're gonna be training in public space, which I'm guessing both Vlhova and Shiffrin regularly do, you can be filmed. It's public space, get yourself a private mountain if you want to forbid someone to film you. What's next, forbidding to save video footage of races 'because otherwise it can be used to analyze my skier!'?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Thanks for the links, did not know about it.

I´m definitely not good in German, sorry for that, but it looks to me like he said they were training on the same hill or so, so they filmed her, ok. I admit it. it was stupid. Maybe they should ask them if they can do it or not..but I still don´t see any prove they did it again and if he said one week later to the medias all over the world that he did not send anyone to film Mikaela to spy her somewhere kilometers away, I believe him. like why would he be so stupid to lie 7 days later to the medias ?

Anyway, ok. This topic is more for the gossip and medias which are actually really trying to put more fuel than it is necessary. and personally, I am not going to fight the whole night about it. I was more than happy that Petra beat Mikaela, such things does not happen often, so I am enoying it and I am pretty sure filming her once when they were training side by side (once again, if I understood correctly) was not the reason why Petra beat her in Zagreb.

Guess my German is better than yours so I'll translate:

"Ich weiß, dass es nicht ganz korrekt ist. Aber andererseits zeigt das ja nur, dass die anderen Läuferinnen sehr intelligent sind und wir nur von den Besten lernen wollen. Das ist unser Job"

"Es ist wichtig, dass wir uns Mikaela ansehen, denn sie ist die beste Skiläuferin der Welt", sagte Magoni. "Wir können uns kleine Verbesserungen abschauen. Wenn du gescheit bist, kannst du einiges dazulernen."

"I know it's not exactly right. But it also shows that other athletes are very intelligent and we only want to learn from the best. This is our job.

It is important that we see Mikaela because she is the best skier in the world. We can look up small improvements. By watching we can learn something."

So his talk about not having time, resources or people to send to film Shiffrin's private runs is a flat out lie. Can't spin this any other way. He can shove his conspiracy theories down the drain.

Btw, he was Tina Maze's coach before and this reminds me how he sold the image of Maze being the best skier in the world over Lindsey Vonn. I suppose he's trying to sell the same shtick with Vlhova over Shiffrin, just not enough wins yet since Maze had more than Vlhova for sure.

In USA this could be blown up since they just grilled the Astros MLB team for stealling pitcher signs and New England Patriots got pantsed for filming the sidelines during games before. USA absolutely hates any form of cheating especially when it comes to filming other competitors.

I'm pretty annoyed by Magoni and the way he's making a 180 in what he's saying, going from 'admitting' it to basically denying the whole thing....because in the actual situation, I'm definitely more #TeamVlhova than #TeamShiffrin :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And to complete this trio of posts: if you're gonna be training in public space, which I'm guessing both Vlhova and Shiffrin regularly do, you can be filmed. It's public space, get yourself a private mountain if you want to forbid someone to film you. What's next, forbidding to save video footage of races 'because otherwise it can be used to analyze my skier!'?

I suppose you have never heard about the NFL spygate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)

Americans are VERY sensitive over this and they clamped down on NFL's most successful team of the last 20 years. Because Magoni filmed an American skier this will be controversial enough for shit to hit the fan.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

I suppose you have never heard about the NFL spygate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)

Americans are VERY sensitive over this and they clamped down on NFL's most successful team of the last 20 years. Because Magoni filmed an American skier this will be controversial enough for shit to hit the fan.

I've heard of that, yes, but Americans are not to be taken serious when it's about sports...especially about their own sports :p They can and will blow it up all they want, I don't much care. Time and time again we see Americans are utterly addicted to 'turning mosquitos into a zoo full of elephants' :p 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I've heard of that, yes, but Americans are not to be taken serious when it's about sports...especially about their own sports :p They can and will blow it up all they want, I don't much care. Time and time again we see Americans are utterly addicted to 'turning mosquitos into a zoo full of elephants' :p 

NFL generates 13 billion dollars per year. The most popular association football league in the world (English Premiership) generates 5.3 billion per year. You better take NFL seriously, buddy! There's so much money involved they are no mosquitos whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

NFL generates 13 billion dollars per year. The most popular association football league in the world (English Premiership) generates 5.3 billion per year. You better take NFL seriously, buddy! There's so much money involved they are no mosquitos whatsoever.

Turning mosquitos into elephants is not about how rich or popular something is, it's about turning something tiny (Vlhova's coach filming Shiffrin) into some sort of big deal.

Before we go all NFL vs football (I'd prefer to watch NFL anyway), let's get back to the point and that is Magoni shouldn't be a dick and turn around his statements and Shiffrin's camp should shut up about this being a big deal. Back to skiing.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Turning mosquitos into elephants is not about how rich or popular something is, it's about turning something tiny (Vlhova's coach filming Shiffrin) into some sort of big deal.

Before we go all NFL vs football (I'd prefer to watch NFL anyway), let's get back to the point and that is Magoni shouldn't be a dick and turn around his statements and Shiffrin's camp should shut up about this being a big deal. Back to skiing.

That's the thing, you view this from European perspective. For Americans filming your opponents to gain an advantage IS a big deal. It's not about Magoni or Vlhova but about the actual process so they won't shut up. They came in hard on MLB and NFL-title winning teams so you think they will shut up over Magoni? Not a chance IMO.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's the thing, you view this from European perspective. For Americans filming your opponents to gain an advantage IS a big deal. It's not about Magoni or Vlhova but about the actual process so they won't shut up. They came in hard on MLB and NFL-title winning teams so you think they will shut up over Magoni? Not a chance IMO.

I'm not saying I think they will.

Edited by heywoodu