website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

because ? :p

The look on her face during Shiffrin's wins said a lot already and now she wins two SL in a row and starts running her mouth? Really? The idea that a gate pattern helps the coach's athlete is just a huge fraud.

Guess every slalom that Vlhova doesn't win from now on will be blamed on the guy who set the pattern? :lol:

Just now, Monzanator said:

The look on her face during Shiffrin's wins said a lot already and now she wins two SL in a row and starts running her mouth? Really? The idea that a gate pattern helps the coach's athlete is just a huge fraud.

Guess every slalom that Vlhova doesn't win from now on will be blamed on the guy who set the pattern? :lol:

yes obviously the :SVKmini-team of 1 skier is cheating but the good americans never cheat  :d

yeah, we can say the same about Shiffrin´s face when she lost :d it is pretty known that they don´t like each other.

and btw where did you heard she was accusing anyone, she only said the 2nd run was in fact harder and wasn´t really favorable for her - not a single accusation, such things said every skier at least once, I hope we agree on this ? + she called Mikaela as a real inspiration and a true champion. but also their rivalry is the biggest obstacle of real friendship (btw the same words used Shiffrin a week ago) so I don´t see any bitter loser character here

it was Magoni who was directly accusing Mike Day, he is a very successful and experienced coach so I think he knows what he say. And it was mainly a counter attack after the accusations of spying that was actually never confirmed...

As I said I don´t think anything serious really happened, this is just the medias they inflate a bubble and produce an artificial war

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yes obviously the :SVKmini-team of 1 skier is cheating but the good americans never cheat  :d

yeah, we can say the same about Shiffrin´s face when she lost :d it is pretty known that they don´t like each other.

and btw where did you heard she was accusing anyone, she only said the 2nd run was in fact harder and wasn´t really favorable for her - not a single accusation, such things said every skier at least once, I hope we agree on this ? + she called Mikaela as a real inspiration and a true champion. but also their rivalry is the biggest obstacle of real friendship (btw the same words used Shiffrin a week ago) so I don´t see any bitter loser character here

it was Magoni who was directly accusing Mike Day, he is a very successful and experienced coach so I think he knows what he say. And it was mainly a counter attack after the accusations of spying that was actually never confirmed...

As I said I don´t think anything serious really happened, this is just the medias they inflate a bubble and produce an artificial war

Shiffrin hardly ever celebrates tbh. Her gold medal at Vail WC was like the most non-celebration I ever saw.

You're obviously biased so for you Team Vlhova is the good guys and Team Shiffrin is evil personified.

Vlhova is #2 so if anyone plays the mind games it's her camp. You always attack the leader not the other way around. Guess after two wins in a row her camp thinks she's ready to be crowned the real leader of the pack. I predict a failure in that effort :) Flachau is Shiffrin's worst slalom course on tour, even Hansdotter beat her there before when she could never beat her anywhere else :lol:

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You're obviously biased so for you Team Vlhova is the good guys and Team Shiffrin is evil personified.

yep and no.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Guess after two wins in a row her camp thinks she's ready to be crowned the real leader of the pack. I predict a failure in that effort

nosense. No one is saying that, Shiffrin is the best skier ever, everyone knows that. and ok

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Flachau is Shiffrin's worst slalom course on tour, even Hansdotter beat her there before when she could never beat her anywhere else

That´s not Vlhová´s fault nor Swenn-Larsson´s or Hansdotter´s

anyway, this reminds me how everyone was bashing Ante Kostelic and his team, looks like small countries don´t have the right to be successfull in this sport because they are not from the "right" countries

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

yep and no.

nosense. No one is saying that, Shiffrin is the best skier ever, everyone knows that. and ok

That´s not Vlhová´s fault nor Swenn-Larsson´s or Hansdotter´s

anyway, this reminds me how everyone was bashing Ante Kostelic and his team, looks like small countries don´t have the right to be successfull in this sport because they are not from the "right" countries

Right. And Poland is the "right" country in alpine skiing? :p I'm like the one guy who should always support Slovakia in these winter sports. However when someone pulls the "gate pattern was fixed to favor someone" bullshit then I'm OUT. I've been watching alpine skiing for 28 years to know better. I suspect Livio Magoni wants to play the mind games now that Vlhova has won two slaloms in a row but he's just making Vlhova look very sour in all of this. Lindsey Vonn was the last drama queen, do we really need Vlhova to fill that void?

Btw, Livio Magoni has admitted to spying on Shiffrin's private training so hell yeah, it's been confirmed alright.

January 6th (he admits it). It's said the interview was taken on January 3rd.

https://www.spox.com/at/sport/mehrsport/wintersport/2001/Artikel/ski-news-petra-vlhova-spioniert-trainings-von-mikaela-shiffrin.html

January 15th (he denies it and accusses everyone of conspiracy).

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/ski-racing-media-releases-full-magoni-spying-interview

Well, I'm sorry but Magoni has been caught with his pants down and exposed as a liar :bye:

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Right. And Poland is the "right" country in alpine skiing? :p I'm like the one guy who should always support Slovakia in these winter sports. However when someone pulls the "gate pattern was fixed to favor someone" bullshit then I'm OUT. I've been watching alpine skiing for 28 years to know better. I suspect Livio Magoni wants to play the mind games now that Vlhova has won two slaloms in a row but he's just making Vlhova look very sour in all of this. Lindsey Vonn was the last drama queen, do we really need Vlhova to fill that void?

Btw, Livio Magoni has admitted to spying on Shiffrin's private training so hell yeah, it's been confirmed alright.

January 6th (he admits it). It's said the interview was taken on January 3rd.

https://www.spox.com/at/sport/mehrsport/wintersport/2001/Artikel/ski-news-petra-vlhova-spioniert-trainings-von-mikaela-shiffrin.html

January 15th (he denies it and accusses everyone of conspiracy).

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/ski-racing-media-releases-full-magoni-spying-interview

Well, I'm sorry but Magoni has been caught with his pants down and exposed as a liar :bye:

Thanks for the links, did not know about it.

I´m definitely not good in German, sorry for that, but it looks to me like he said they were training on the same hill or so, so they filmed her, ok. I admit it. it was stupid. Maybe they should ask them if they can do it or not..but I still don´t see any prove they did it again and if he said one week later to the medias all over the world that he did not send anyone to film Mikaela to spy her somewhere kilometers away, I believe him. like why would he be so stupid to lie 7 days later to the medias ?

Anyway, ok. This topic is more for the gossip and medias which are actually really trying to put more fuel than it is necessary. and personally, I am not going to fight the whole night about it. I was more than happy that Petra beat Mikaela, such things does not happen often, so I am enoying it and I am pretty sure filming her once when they were training side by side (once again, if I understood correctly) was not the reason why Petra beat her in Zagreb.

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

well, the backstages of the worlds top sport is really "interesting" :p

Interesting choice of words from Magoni, barely a week after he basically said Shiffrin is the best in the world "and so of course we want to see how she is skiing" when talking about this whole 'espionage scandal'.

At least it mostly seems to be a war between coaches instead of athletes, who for once seem to behave more grown-up :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

nosense. No one is saying that, Shiffrin is the best skier ever, everyone knows that.

Hello, I came to disagree on this :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!