website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

3 hours ago, dullard said:

I'd love to see another Summer Olympics in South Korea but probably the IOC won't won to go to East Asia so soon after Brisbane 2032.

Australia is considered to be part of Oceania for the most part plus the culture of the two nations are different. I think they have a good chance if a nation outside of Europe is going to win.

Well, after Beijing 2022 there are currently no Games in Asia as I expect the Winter Games 2030 will be awarded somewhere to North America. As for :USA hosting 2028, I would bet on :CAN to host 2030. So if there are no Games in Asia for about 10 years, I would guess that Seoul has high chances to be selected. Also for 2034 Winter Olympics, my favourite is :JPN , probably Sapporo.  After 2036, there is a possibility to be another edition of the Olympic Games in Asia or would again return to Europe/America and maybe even Australia. 

As for African countries, discussion about :EGY has already been going on here so also in my perspective it is the most possible country on African continent to host the Summer Olympics. But I am also afraid there would have to be done a lot which may meet a lack of funding and public protests. 

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Australia is considered to be part of Oceania for the most part plus the culture of the two nations are different. I think they have a good chance if a nation outside of Europe is going to win.

The European and American broadcasters (especially NBC) aren't gonna care that it's culturally different only that the timezone sucks for them.

26 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Budapest 2036 is the only direction we should be going to!

Budapest is literally on the brink of bankruptcy, as are many other Hungarian cities. The only thing we should be bidding for at this point is help from EU/US/IMF. Even before the current recession Budapest was unsuitable for such an event. Now I am not sure if we will even be able to host the 2023 Athletics Worlds because we are about to witness our worst economic crises since WW2. 

Edit: I mean, this is not a joke. We might even have to suspend our national leagues during the winter, some venues are already closing down because everyone is out of money. Some of our Olympic athletes might find themselves in a situation where they can't train during the winter. The situation can get as bad as during the pandemic, except this time it's not a virus, we just can't sustain anything due to the insane levels of inflation. 

Edited by Vektor

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Budapest is literally on the brink of bankruptcy, as are many other Hungarian cities. The only thing we should be bidding for at this point is help from EU/US/IMF. Even before the current recession Budapest was unsuitable for such an event. Now I am not sure if we will even be able to host the 2023 Athletics Worlds because we are about to witness our worst economic crises since WW2. 

yesterday I went to a supermarket in Hungary near the border, I hardly saw any Hungarian license plates there, only Slovak ones, even in the queue at the cash desk I heard mainly Slovak. Everyone (like me) was holding 5 liters of oil, if you keep selling it so cheap, I don´t know in what you´re going to fry and cook, we'll buy it all from you :p

Seriously not even 6 EUR for 5 liters, here it is more than the double of that

24 minutes ago, hckošice said:

yesterday I went to a supermarket in Hungary near the border, I hardly saw any Hungarian license plates there, only Slovak ones, even in the queue at the cash desk I heard mainly Slovak. Everyone (like me) was holding 5 liters of oil, if you keep selling it so cheap, I don´t know in what you´re going to fry and cook, we'll buy it all from you :p

That's because the government isn't allowing stores to sell oil, sugar and flour on their market price, they are stuck on the same level as their were in October 2021. Same goes for gasoline. Orbán has to be ensure that people won't literally starve, so that's his solution. 480 HUF for gasoline for example for more than a year now. So there are a few stuff that are crazy cheap compared to the rest of Europe, while everything else is becoming a luxury item for many Hungarians as their wages are worth less and less as the Hungarian currency is on track to hyperinflation. 

Edited by Vektor

31 minutes ago, Vektor said:

That's because the government isn't allowing stores to sell oil, sugar and flour on their market price, they are stuck on the same level as their were in October 2021. Same goes for gasoline. Orbán has to be ensure that people won't literally starve, so that's his solution. 480 HUF for gasoline for example for more than a year now. So there are a few stuff that are crazy cheap compared to the rest of Europe, while everything else is becoming a luxury item for many Hungarians as their wages are worth less and less as the Hungarian currency is on track to hyperinflation. 

I also know about gasoline prices, people used to go to Hungary just to refuel their cars. some even spotted with canisters :p sadly for us, HUN later introduced that restrictions for foreign cars

11 hours ago, dullard said:

I'd love to see another Summer Olympics in South Korea but probably the IOC won't won to go to East Asia so soon after Brisbane 2032.

yeah, provided there's a reasonable candidate City, 2036 is Europe's time (12 years after Paris).

and please, no Korea...not another hyper-corrupted event :finger:

Seoul 1988 and the Football World Cup in 2002 (and in some disciplines -short track speedskating and some snowboard/freestyle events above all- Pyeongchang 2018) are enough to put a big red cross on Korea hosting a global championship...:facepalm: :hairpull:

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

in (northern) Italy:

good (not top tier) extra-virgin olive oil...not less than 8-10€/liter (you can find a lot of brands for less, but I wouldn't use that even to put it in the car :facepalm:)

and to fry, seeds oil is 3/5€ a liter (the good one, more 5 than 3)

gasoline: 2€/liter

:facepalm:

Edited by phelps