website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

So where is the speed skating going to be, Milan?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, ofan said:

Val di Fiemme, near Trentino

Not Baselga? :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, ofan said:

Yes, in Baselga, within the Val di Fiemme cluster of venues. They're rebuilding the venue used for the 1995 World Championships

Oh crap. That was my one and only reason to hope Italy didn't get it. RIP Baselga :cry: 

Now I'm not sure which epic venues are left...Collalbo and the basically never used Medeo I guess..

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh crap. That was my one and only reason to hope Italy didn't get it. RIP Baselga :cry: 

Now I'm not sure which epic venues are left...Collalbo and the basically never used Medeo I guess..

Yes, very unfortunate. However, the IOC had concerns with the long-term viability of adding a roof and "modernizing" the facility, so it is still possible that it may remain an outdoor facility :d. It would be nice to have the speed skating outside again, it hasn't happened since 1992, but I'm sure logistical concerns such as weather make it an issue. 

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Congratulations Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo!

Let's make this one memorable! (since Torino 2006 is voted as the least memorable Winter Olympics)

I don't agree at all...:finger:

sure it wasn't the best edition ever, but what about Albertville, Nagano and Pyeongchang? (not to mention what awaits us in Beijing?) :facepalm:

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I don't agree at all...:finger:

sure it wasn't the best edition ever, but what about Albertville, Nagano and Pyeongchang? (not to mention what awaits us in Beijing?) :facepalm:

Nagano is in my mind as more memorable than Torino by a wide margin :d 

7 minutes ago, ofan said:

Yes, very unfortunate. However, the IOC had concerns with the long-term viability of adding a roof and "modernizing" the facility, so it is still possible that it may remain an outdoor facility :d. It would be nice to have the speed skating outside again, it hasn't happened since 1992, but I'm sure logistical concerns such as weather make it an issue. 

Yeah it'd be awesome, but I highly doubt it. Most likely we'll end up with just another regular indoor speed skating rink that pretty much looks like all others (at least hopefully they'll make it better than the mind-numbing borefests of Calgary, Salt Lake City and Inzell, to name just some random rinks).