website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

If IOC doesnt approve AIN quotas, who will replace them? In this case, Sidakov's quota? 6th placed? I am sure that you mentioned it before but cant recall. 

Correct it goes to the next highest ranked athlete in the respective event unless the event has less than 8 entrants then it will be transferred to a tripartite quota.

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

If IOC doesnt approve AIN quotas, who will replace them? In this case, Sidakov's quota? 6th placed? I am sure that you mentioned it before but cant recall. 

image.png

The deadline for reallocation is the 8th of October

image.png

But!!

Look at their latest twitter message. UWW announced quota for AIN! They broke all the rules.

image.png

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Correct it goes to the next highest ranked athlete in the respective event unless the event has less than 8 entrants then it will be transferred to a tripartite quota.

Thanks a lot!

Probably best and fairest solution. 

3 minutes ago, avlar said:

Look at their latest twitter message. UWW announced quota for AIN! They broke all the rules.

I think you have been misunderstanding the rules. It would be easier to understand if you treat AIN like the refugee team.

I think that tweet confirms UWW will accept the quota unless the IOC completely bans Russia/Belarus. World Rowing was probably taking a more cautious approach.

4 minutes ago, avlar said:

image.png

The deadline for reallocation is the 8th of October

image.png

But!!

image.png

Thanks!

Still, shouldnt IOC have an upper hand in deciding who will get quotas? They are above UWW in administrative hierarchy.

Especially in these AIN cases.

14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think you have been misunderstanding the rules. It would be easier to understand if you treat AIN like the refugee team.

I think that tweet confirms UWW will accept the quota unless the IOC completely bans Russia/Belarus. World Rowing was probably taking a more cautious approach.

I understand the rules ) But I fear that UWW is not going to respect these rules at all. They have to reallocate this quota on the 8th of October.

They rejected clear photo evidences of war-support by Sidakov, Ugujev and Sadulajev. So, I think they will do all their best to save russian quoras.

22 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Thanks!

Still, shouldnt IOC have an upper hand in deciding who will get quotas? They are above UWW in administrative hierarchy.

Especially in these AIN cases.

Yes, but IOC is still quiet. They could answer the request and male this situation clear but ignore this opportunity.

9 minutes ago, avlar said:

I understand the rules ) But I fear that UWW is not going to respect these rules at all. They have to reallocate this quota on the 8th of October.

They rejected clear photo evidences of war-support by Sidakov, Ugujev and Sadulajev. So, I think they will do all their best to save russian quoras.

I think it's pretty clear the UWW will accept them since they allowed them to compete. The IOC may step in, but I feel it'll be an all or nothing (full ban or allow the sport federations to decide) situation.