website statistics

Cyclo-Cross UCI World Championships 2023

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Dragon said:

All three elite races in fact.

But strangely not the women's U23 race where the British rider is a hot favourite for a medal

Three elite races? Or is the relay counted as elite race as well (although that's a mix of categories)? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, that was tight to see if the Netherlands would win the gold in the women's elite race, but they just managed to do so! I mean, there's also one (1) non-Dutch rider in the top-8, so...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Well, that was tight to see if the Netherlands would win the gold in the women's elite race, but they just managed to do so! I mean, there's also one (1) non-Dutch rider in the top-8, so...

Bah, get 1-7 like the Norwegians did in the Men’s Cross Country Skiing & then you can brag.  :thumbup:

:GBR Did once get a 1-6 in a European Athletics CC Champs, junior girls I think.

Edited by Grassmarket

Right, dominating gold for Leo Bisiaux of France in the men's junior race this morning. Now it's the women's U23 race, with a Dutch lady - surprise surprise - as the large favourite and British Zoe Backstedt as basically the only one who might be expected to at least stay a little bit somewhere in the vicinity of Shirin van Anrooij.

Right, time for an epic fight between the two greats (and their minions in the teams) :d 

This finger, yikes.

https://icecreamapps.com/v/errar4f

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Van der Poel and Van Aert.

Of course...

Judging by the fact that in the previous 100 races in which they both competed, one of them was the winner 96 times, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not surprising that one of them will win :d 

I believe I saw Toon Aerts managed to beat them both twice, but that's about it. If they both compete, nobody has a realistic chance if they don't run into flat tyres (plural).