website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

6 hours ago, dodge said:

They announced a line up of UK presenters yesterday and the press release said "every minute" ofaction would be available on the Eurosport App and Discovery Plus. "Europe wide" was mentioned quietly at the bottom so don't know if it applies completely yet

Here’s the presenter announcement, (no surprises given recent coverage) but not many specifics about the rest.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/olympics/tokyo-2020/2020/discovery-unveils-star-studded-line-up-of-olympic-legends-for-tokyo-2020-coverage_sto8386350/story.shtml

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here as well. Their coverage project was still not officially presented but I assume it will be like in PC 2018 & Rio 2016. Basically a almost non-stop coverage on RTVS 2 with some prime time live actions also in RTVS 1. (However I still will watch the Czech ČT Sport because the ignorance even of basic things in some sports by our commentators literally drive me nuts usually (aka everything seems prepared for the mens olympic water polo finals, so we are just waiting the referee to jump into the pool and we can start...)

For the remaining events It should be like 2018 every cameras covered actions should be disponible on Eurosport Live (Player) but without SVK commentary, since in SVK we use the Czech version (wich is not bad at all)

but rest to be confirmed obviously by RTVS, they should reveile their broadcasting Tokyo project soon, usually they do it 2-3 weeks before the games

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, we will have (and I presume the same everywhere else) 2 live BBC Channels & 2 live ES Channels, everything else on ES Player.  Put it this way: during London 2012 when the BBC had everything there were 2 live BBC Channels plus twelve other live channels (not all active at the same time) to cover every single boxing bout, handball match, show jumping round etc etc.

So if you don’t have ES Player, get it soon or miss out.

Actually it was 24 other live channels

1 hour ago, dodge said:

I think the days of national broadcasters showing multiple streams are over. Ireland was the same. 6-12 streamed events available. I think the Discovery deal may mean everyone is down to 1 or 2

Then, hopefully, it will be on Eurosport Player instead. For me its the same (if I remember correctly, ESP was doing this for 2018 olympics)

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

aka everything seems prepared for the mens olympic water polo finals, so we are just waiting the referee to jump into the pool and we can start...

I believed the nadir was the canoe/kayak commentary on Hungarian TV in 2016 (?) when the commentator mixed up the start lists of two events (this was a final where Hungarian competitors were involved) and only realized at 500 meter from 1000 meters that he has the wrong startlist. But this one is even better… 

Just now, dharang said:

I believed the nadir was the canoe/kayak commentary on Hungarian TV in 2016 (?) when the commentator mixed up the start lists of two events (this was a final where Hungarian competitors were involved) and only realized at 500 meter from 1000 meters that he has the wrong startlist. But this one is even better… 

In Sydney 2000 during a night live coverage they literally commented another sport ! The TV was showing swimming heats and the audio was from a Tennis match..nobody fixed that the whole hour !

BBC Commentators will be stuck in a basement in greater Manchester, with only a few actually on the ground in Japan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9723351/BBC-commentators-call-Olympic-action-TV-pictures-6-000-miles-away-Salford.html

17 hours ago, phelps said:

and the spoiler included in the picture window of all the ondemand feeds... :hairpull: :facepalm: :wall:)...

That's not for all the on-demand feeds, at least not here. Most have some sort of generic picture of the sport.

And even then, if you know it, you have hands to cover the thumbail until you clicked on it, gotta be smart about it :p (I watch FIL's streams, I am very familiar with how to avoid spoiler thumbnails :lol:)

Paying for the Eurosport Player is one of the best decisions I ever made in the past years, absolutely completely worth every cent. On-demand, pausable, rewatchable, one can even choose the commentary. Awesome.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, dharang said:

Yes, same with me. ESP on the ready.

With regards to local Hungarian coverage, I hope the local broadcaster (M4 Sport) makes available all the streams on their website (during Rio there were 12 or so different streams)

The main coverage is probably again 2 channels (M4 and M4+) as it was back then. 

Dutch NOS can make streams available all they want, as long as Eurosport's streams can be paused and watched later (or watched on-demand entirely) and NOS' streams can't even be paused, Eurosport wins by far :p 

Plus NOS on TV often sucks rather bad anyway, since they spend so much time talking about sports, they often forget to actually show sports....no Dutchman competing (other than the 100m final)? Ok, then it's not interesting....apparently.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's not for all the on-demand feeds, at least not here. Most have some sort of generic picture of the sport.

And even then, if you know it, you have hands to cover the thumbail until you clicked on it, gotta be smart about it :p (I watch FIL's streams, I am very familiar with how to avoid spoiler thumbnails :lol:)

Paying for the Eurosport Player is one of the best decisions I ever made in the past years, absolutely completely worth every cent. On-demand, pausable, rewatchable, one can even choose the commentary. Awesome.

About 10 years ago when Australian Rugby League started paid subscription international streaming for all matches they always included match scores on the menus. They soon learned!