website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Anyone know anything about Mexico? I'm in Mexico for the first 5 days of the games and I'm sure nbcolympics won't work without a VPN 

We will have a very good coverage either on national tv channels or on the web

National TV channels TV Azteca (Channel 7) and Televisa (Channel 5) will most likely show highlights and mexican focused, they never show the full sessiones but a mix of various sports live or like I said highlights 

Then we have Clarosports and I will rely on this, since is the official broadcaster in Mexico and LatinAmerica, for better coverage and full sessions you will be able to watch every sport, every discipline live and on demand either on their website or youtube channels they said will be available.

Once Clarosports puts their olympic dedicated website I will put here so you can check it

11 minutes ago, Braulio said:

We will have a very good coverage either on national tv channels or on the web

National TV channels TV Azteca (Channel 7) and Televisa (Channel 5) will most likely show highlights and mexican focused, they never show the full sessiones but a mix of various sports live or like I said highlights 

Then we have Clarosports and I will rely on this, since is the official broadcaster in Mexico and LatinAmerica, for better coverage and full sessions you will be able to watch every sport, every discipline live and on demand either on their website or youtube channels they said will be available.

Once Clarosports puts their olympic dedicated website I will put here so you can check it

Thank you.    I figured I'll get a VPN.   But I don't want to ruin my family's vacation in Puerto Vallarta so I'll try to watch the main stuff and catch up when I go back 

3 hours ago, stepansevs said:

Is it already known of Discovery (Eurosport) coverage? Will they broadcast everything from Olympics? How many channels in Eurosport player will be there?

They announced a line up of UK presenters yesterday and the press release said "every minute" ofaction would be available on the Eurosport App and Discovery Plus. "Europe wide" was mentioned quietly at the bottom so don't know if it applies completely yet

4 hours ago, dodge said:

They announced a line up of UK presenters yesterday and the press release said "every minute" ofaction would be available on the Eurosport App and Discovery Plus. "Europe wide" was mentioned quietly at the bottom so don't know if it applies completely yet

I'm assuming the Eurosport Player falls under one of those two categories, or are they planning to bring an entirely new system live in the weeks before the Olympics?

Edit: just checked and apparently the Eurosport Player is the go-to place in the Netherlands, with basically everything live. Dutch NOS has a sublicense for the rights to many of the competitions with Dutch athletes.

That means my Eurosport Player subscription will once again pay itself back easily with hundreds of hours of live Olympics :woohoo: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm assuming the Eurosport Player falls under one of those two categories, or are they planning to bring an entirely new system live in the weeks before the Olympics?

Edit: just checked and apparently the Eurosport Player is the go-to place in the Netherlands, with basically everything live. Dutch NOS has a sublicense for the rights to many of the competitions with Dutch athletes.

That means my Eurosport Player subscription will once again pay itself back easily with hundreds of hours of live Olympics :woohoo: 

Yes, it seems that if Discovery Plus is available, then the coverage will be on that.

If Discovery + is not available in your country, the Eurosport Player will have it

I have a Discovery+ subscription (free with Sky TV) so looks like I'm OK (Will also have RTE TV here in Ireland and BBC from the UK)

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

BBC Coverage - they get secondary rights after Discovery / ES, so basically two live channels only.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57597043

that's what will eventually hurt me more than anything...

the 8 dedicated channels (plus BBC1, BBC2 and BBC4) of 2016 (not to mention the 24 sat channels in 2012) will be missed a lot...

I don't trust at all Discovery and their player, given the mess they usually do with most of their sports (using 25fps feeds...in 2021!!! and the spoiler included in the picture window of all the ondemand feeds... :hairpull: :facepalm: :wall:)...

I regret the multiple sat tv channels coverage of the past already! :cry:

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, we will have (and I presume the same everywhere else) 2 live BBC Channels & 2 live ES Channels, everything else on ES Player.  Put it this way: during London 2012 when the BBC had everything there were 2 live BBC Channels plus twelve other live channels (not all active at the same time) to cover every single boxing bout, handball match, show jumping round etc etc.

So if you don’t have ES Player, get it soon or miss out.