website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is it live nowadays? Or still that weird stuff of not showing things live but only on 'good' times for American people? :d 

naaa...now it's live because they forced the competitions to actually start at good US TV times (like swimming finals at 10 p.m. in Rio and at 10 a.m. in Tokyo)...:p

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, phelps said:

naaa...now it's live because they forced the competitions to actually start at good US TV times (like swimming finals at 10 p.m. in Rio and at 10 a.m. in Tokyo)...:p

Which is still better than having the arrogance to simply not show things live and wait for 'the good time' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Is it live nowadays? Or still that weird stuff of not showing things live but only on 'good' times for American people? :d 

The last Olympics (2018) they pretty much got rid of that, save the opening ceremonies, and used delayed replays of things they already showed during prime time. However, they have all the IOC live-streams available on their app and website. Plus, they cover every medal event on TV. They haven’t announced to many details about their Tokyo 2020 coverage yet though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Well, that works out for my time zone, so I’m happy

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Any news about YT or Olympic Channel streaming? Probably not.

I would give up on You Tube (though some African/Central Asian/Latin American channels may stream there). I would imagine that Olympic Channel will post all replays about 3-6 months later like Pyeongchang 2018.

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, that works out for my time zone, so I’m happy

For mine too :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Any news about YT or Olympic Channel streaming? Probably not.

Not anymore I think.. Especially it's the Summer Olympics.

During Pyeongchang 2018 IOC just randomly let Indian subcontinent able to stream via YouTube and Olympic Channel.