website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

After a break for the lightweight singles, more dreams of free croissants and pain-aux-chocolat in the athletes village are over:

Men's Lightweight Double Sculls

:EGY :POR :AUS :FRA :UKR :GRE :URU :TUR :AUT :EST :UZB :USA

Men's Pair

:CHN :SLO :SRB :FRA :CAN :POL :HUN :NED :BLR :CZE :GER :LTU

Men's Double Sculls

:BUL :LTU :POL :CUB :GRE :RSA :AUS :SWE :SRB :BEL :USA :CZE

At this rate I will be happy if we will qualify any boat besides mens quadruple sculls from either these championships or from final regatta. 

If we will qualify just one boat here then we will able to qualify boats from European qualifier?

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

At this rate I will be happy if we will qualify any boat besides mens quadruple sculls from either these championships or from final regatta. 

If we will qualify just one boat here then we will able to qualify boats from European qualifier?

Yes, we can. It will be good opportunity for our LW2x oraz LM2x, both are in 1/2 here. But via this Europeam qualifier we can qualify only one boat

41 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Yes, we can. It will be good opportunity for our LW2x oraz LM2x, both are in 1/2 here. But via this Europeam qualifier we can qualify only one boat

For the continental qualifiers  is it one boat each gender for each NOC or overall only one boat for each NOC? 

39 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

For the continental qualifiers  is it one boat each gender for each NOC or overall only one boat for each NOC? 

Its complicated. If you dont have any boats already qualified you can qualify 2 boats gender doesnt matter.

I thought I understood the rules for these fully but I just checked the qualifying document and it (now) says something completely different to what I thought. Anyway the above statement is true.

Edited by Ogreman

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

what are France's chances for the LW2x and M4-?

and for the rest of the Tqo, can we hope to qualify one or two boats?

LW2X close to 0

M4- might have some chances, more by coming in the top 3 in the semis than winning the eventual B final, tbh

it might come down to a close fight against :ITA for the 3rd spot in the semis (if our guys confirm the surprising level they hit in the prelims, which is a big "if")

if you qualify 2 or more boats here, you can only qualify 1 more boat at the final qualifying regatta

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

LW2X close to 0

M4- might have some chances, more by coming in the top 3 in the semis than winning the eventual B final, tbh

it might come down to a close fight against :ITA for the 3rd spot in the semis (if our guys confirm the surprising level they hit in the prelims, which is a big "if")

if you qualify 2 or more boats here, you can only qualify 1 more boat at the final qualifying regatta

The French LW2X have way more than a close to zero chance. Finishing third in their heat was surprising but I'm still picking them to make the final and if they don't I would probably pick them to win the B final. They are still likely qualifiers.

The M4- should qualify. Not a gaurantee but they are likely qualifiers here. On paper they are significantly better than the Italian M4-.

There are no restrictions on how many boats you can qualify at the Final Olympic qualifying regatta. Only the continental ones

Edited by Ogreman

4 minutes ago, Ogreman said:

The French LW2X have way more than a close to zero chance. Finishing third in their heat was surprising but I'm still picking them to make the final and if they don't I would probably pick them to win the B final. They are still likely qualifiers.

The M4- should qualify. Not a gaurantee but they are likely qualifiers here. On paper they are significantly better than the Italian M4-.

If you qualify two or more boats here. You aren't eligible to even compete at a continental qualifiers.

as far as I've seen, all the French boats are definitely out of shape here...I don't think they would match any of the pre-Regatta predictions

however, that's just my prediction (and I'm famous for guessing always wrong, so our friend should be happy for what I wrote)

p.s. I think you heavily underestimated the pride of Italian rowing so far :p

p.p.s I never mentioned the Continental qualifiers, but only the final World Qualifying Regatta in Luzern :evil: ;)

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.p.s I never mentioned the Continental qualifiers, but only the final World Qualifying Regatta in Luzern :evil: ;)

I realised, I edited my post it just didn't seem edit properly. Anyway as my post now says. There are no restrictions on how many boats you can qualify at the Final Qualifying regatta. Russia qualified 4/5 at the last one.

P.S What do you mean I underestimated the pride of Italian rowing. You were even more pessimistic about their chances than I was.

Edited by Ogreman

1 hour ago, Ogreman said:

There are no restrictions on how many boats you can qualify at the Final Olympic qualifying regatta. Only the continental ones

If that’s the case regarding France which two of USA, Canada or New Zealand don’t qualify so that IRL.gif does?

1 hour ago, Oldira said:

If that’s the case regarding France which two of USA, Canada or New Zealand don’t qualify so that IRL.gif does?

Tentatively Canada and New Zealand. Look it is a very close semifinal where five different boat could all conceivably win it. France might miss out. Ireland might miss out. The US and their new combination could easily miss out. Technically the US was the slowest in the heats even if they did win theirs. Lets see what happens.

Edited by Ogreman