website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

11-10 Hungary over Canada. Despite the absence of Christmas, we played really well (Was really impressed with our defensive efforts, and to a lesser extent our attacking). Certainly helped that star Hungarian player Keszthelyi (Who ended the game with 4 goals) got removed from the game with just over 6 minutes to go (Forgot why). Well-deserved player of the game to Gaudreault who made some big saves during that match :yes

Edited by Josh

I've considered women's water polo to have 10 competent teams:

:AUS :CAN :CHN :GRE :HUN :ITA :NED :RUS :ESP :USA

China is kind of wavering now, but I still feel they can easily win over any nation not listed above (maybe they lose to :FRA due to Olympic host investment influx) and can still defeat Canada.

With South Africa presumably taking the African quota again and France taking the host quota that means one of the above nations (minus already banned Russia) will miss the games. Obviously Canada is hoping for the United States to qualify here if not, they are likely to be the odd nation out.

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

China is kind of wavering now, but I still feel they can easily win over any nation not listed above (maybe they lose to :FRA due to Olympic host investment influx) and can still defeat Canada.

With South Africa presumably taking the African quota again and France taking the host quota that means one of the above nations (minus already banned Russia) will miss the games. Obviously Canada is hoping for the United States to qualify here if not, they are likely to be the odd nation out.

little chance that south africa rejects its quota?

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

little chance that south africa rejects its quota?

Maybe if they finish last at the 2024 World Championships, though it might not matter if they beat Argentina here and get a top 12 finish plus they already finished 13th last year. It's probably enough to convince the NOC that they are viable enough to compete.

They really lucked out in getting the weakest team in their group.

I read something about a new format at the World Champs 2024 (Doha, Qatar). The same format used in this year's World Cup? I'm very curious how that affects Olympic qualification. 

Today's result in the match between :JPN and  :HUN surprised me. How on earth it is possible for Japan to score 21 goals against Hungary?

For coming Thursday the only interesting match is :ITA vs :GRE . I think the Greek team will win.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:08 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

China is all washed up. France and maybe even New Zealand are better now.

Heck, even South Africa will be ranked higher here in Fukuoka in the final analysis. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

On 7/18/2023 at 3:08 PM, CCB said:

For coming Thursday the only interesting match is :ITA vs :GRE . I think the Greek team will win.

I also thought we would win but by 2-3 goals maximum. However, we won with 16-12. We led comfortably most of the game by 5-6 goals.

I did not expect it to be easy even though the Italian team seems to be declining and we seem to be improving lately.

We had 4 different players with 3 goals each :thumbup: (Eleftheriadou, Ninou, E.Plevritou, V.Plevritou)

Also, it's quite interesting that 5 of the 16 teams here have Greek coaches :yikes: